Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always peek into the reject tray. Last night, there were 20 pennies at the local Walmart coinstar; 19 were memorial cents and 1 was a wheatie - dated 1920-S. I know it is only worth about 50 cents, but when did you last see one? I don't think I've seen one in over 60 years of looking at dates.

IMG_2131.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never gotten a wheatie out of a coin star. Sometimes a beat up zincoln. You never know what's out there.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never gotten a wheatie out of a coin star. Sometimes a beat up zincoln. You never know what's out there.

I've found a few but this one is the oldest and the only s-mint wheatie. Thought about saving some of the crusty zincolns and corroded zinc canning jar lids (that usually go in the trash) for treating rusty iron but I'm not crazy about having a bucket of lye solution around to trip over and spill.

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always peek into the reject tray. Last night, there were 20 pennies at the local Walmart coinstar; 19 were memorial cents and 1 was a wheatie - dated 1920-S. I know it is only worth about 50 cents, but when did you last see one? I don't think I've seen one in over 60 years of looking at dates.

View attachment 1942815

Nice! My first-ever coin purchases were a 1919-S and 1920-S (50 years ago this month). I think it cost about 40 cents then, but I haven't seen one since either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread