Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,216

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I'd sure be interested in what exactly is there at that site now!

If any of you follow up on this awesome lead... lets us all know!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, only about 200 miles from me. I might try to get over there this summer and do some research and find the spot.
Ken

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
I've been by there several times, right off I77, there is a flag marking the spot. If I remember right, the highway is built up through the area, not much there. Still may not hurt to look.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't hurt to look if you can pinpoint that food stand. I'm sure some coins went on the ground in all the excitement.
HH
Ken

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
Did a bit more looking on this...for those interested. Sites appear to be National

http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/travel/aviation/she.htm

quote]Site No. 2 (where the stern came to rest) is a half-mile southeast of Site No. 1 across 1-77 in Noble Township. The rough outline of the stern is marked with a series of concrete blocks and a sign marking the site is visible from the freeway.[/quote]

This is what I have seen. Below is a web site from Noble County that has some really good photos etc.

http://www.noblecountyohio.com/shenandoah.html

Adam

docbars

Oct 15, 2007
SOUTHEAST OHIO
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
from the Des Moines, TRIBUNE

Howdy all
I'am from Noble County and I have hunted the site several times over the years with others. There is 3 crash sites. The picture you see is the one along the interstate, the cockpit is a bit east and the tail section in father south outside of caldwell.

If you have any ? let me know.
DocBars

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great Article.

The Airship Shenandoah (ZR-5) was the third to carry the Shenandoah name. The first two to carry the name were during the Civil War. The fourth was the USS Shenandoah AD-26 and the fifth was the USS Shenandoah AD-44 (of which I am a plankowner.)

I have a website (which is down now for upgrading) for the AD-26 and the AD-44 of all those that served, articles, photos, etc and a roster for everyone to keep in touch or get back in touch. The AD-26 has reunions every year, but we, the AD-44 had our first one in August 2003 (our 20th year since commissioning, but was decommissioned 13.1 yrs later by Clinton's downsizing!) A perfectly good working ship, only had 13.1 years of service and now sits in the James River Fleet Reserve, rusting away...to be sold as SCRAP never to sail again :(:(:( Taxpayers money down the tubes, again.

I had did some newspaper research on all the Shenandoahs prior to the AD-26/44 and posted on my website...when up and running again...will let you know...if interested.

Thanks for posting...this is something I did not run across...and will have to look it up..would add to the ZR-5 site.
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread