1944 fifty centavos, Oklahoma and Mississippi tax tokens, wheat penny, 1941 Deutschmark, 1947 2 francs. Latest finds from my local field.

BuffaloAbrams

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2022
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Simplex, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7EA304E1-D596-4451-BEEF-9E679B714A53.jpeg

Attachments

• EF2BE040-C5F2-4F3C-8F65-860E323709EC.jpeg
    EF2BE040-C5F2-4F3C-8F65-860E323709EC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Upvote 17

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No tumbling here, just soft brush and soapy water mostly . Tried tumbling some coins once and they all came out coppered 😬.
gotcha was just curious (that has happened to me as well and I think its a matter of separating the silvered and aluminum from the copper but not sure, works awesome with jewelry and stainless steel shot 1/8 inch and a little CLR, water , dishsoap and half a drum of relics/coins go for 45 mins rinse off), I understand being gunshy about it kinda risky biz sometimes..very nice finds happy hunting & holidays

OP
OP
BuffaloAbrams

BuffaloAbrams

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2022
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotcha was just curious (that has happened to me as well and I think its a matter of separating the silvered and aluminum from the copper but not sure, works awesome with jewelry and stainless steel shot 1/8 inch and a little CLR, water , dishsoap and half a drum of relics/coins go for 45 mins rinse off), I understand being gunshy about it kinda risky biz sometimes..very nice finds happy hunting & holidays
Thanks for the info, I may give it another shot.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep pennies separate from nickels and clad dimes & quarters and keep the nickels by themselves. the aluminum tokens keep separate. For clad coins, I tumble with lemon juice and salt, (something I picked up here on T-Net) the copper coins with a powder I buy from "Finch Products", Silver I've never tumbled, if silver IS NOT key date, "common" coins, baking soda mixed with water into a paste works great. Nickles, I tumble by themselves, again using lemon juice & salt. Foreign coins are a toss-up, I do not tumble them, for some reason, they come out wrong somehow.

OP
OP
BuffaloAbrams

BuffaloAbrams

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2022
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, located in north central Texas