1960's Navy Seal Sub restoration-Fisheye

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xaos,I still have the Sub but haven't done much to it.I have been remodeling another house that's 4 times as big as the house im in now and that has a giant garage.Im almost done just have some ac duct work to do and put up a fence all around the property.I've been gathering parts for the sub and i bought a high end spot welder so i can make battery packs for the sub and metal detectors.I have 2 motors that have 100 pounds thrust each ill be putting in the sub plus 2 motors that are 50 pound thrust for the dive planes that i may use.Not sure yet.Plus have to build a air operated ballast system for the sub.

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update!

I was trying to find out what one looks like intact...

I guess it is a Havas MK I ?

Here is one for sale, some good images to see what it could look like!
DSC04594e.jpg DSC04578e.jpg 1JIbZYR.jpg

https://www.deepseaclassifieds.com/antique-diving-equipment/ant-havas-submarine.html

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,its a scubapro/havas mark 1.Whats the guy asking for his mark 1?

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no idea...the ad is price upon request.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just scored a set of Drager double 30's along with the original backpack and a dacor double hose reg.tanks were made in the 60's the reg from the 70's.I bought it off my old retired nitrox instructor these were in his vintage collection. IMG_20210201_113108683.jpg

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG....look at that regulator and mouthpiece!!!!

Look how much air you would waste in those lines with every breath!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a double hose reg its free flow not like a single hose reg where its like sucking thru a soda straw to get air.Plus you look cool with the double hose.Just like lloyd bridges in sea hunt.With a double hose reg one side supplies air and the other hose side is the exhaust.the bubbles come out at the reg on the tank.They are great for underwater photos and video work as you dont have to not breathe and worry about getting bubbles in your pics and videos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh...I see now!

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions