1991 p dime. Machine laminate error?

Denise777

Greenie
Feb 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on one side and like a strip across the coin. Within that strip it's a different texture.above it and below it is normal and the usual wear. Is this a laminate error? Just came from another site coin talk. I get the impression they just jump to easiest answer and you can't question them. Some members are like watch dogs I swear. Lol. I no longer will go to that site. They exhibit bully like tactics and you can't have serious questions for them without being scrutinized. no IMG_20180213_071941.jpg

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell with the quality of the photo. But i suspect post mint damage. Can you get a better resolution pic?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Denise777

Greenie
Feb 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your not supposed to clean your coins . I had to on this one . It was a zinc oxide strip only on this strip across the coin. I rinsed it of with vinegar water and this was underneath. The rest of the coin had no green only that strip. That's what got my attention. IMG_20180213_081016.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Denise777

Greenie
Feb 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I subscribed to your channel. Your the real deal :) can I share a double d 1961 dime pic I found. Coin opp did a video on one . I wasn't even looking and came across it and checked mine a low and behold my 1961 has Rpm or what ever you call the double stamped D mm.

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that something was sitting on the coin and oxidized where they touched.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread