1st buffalo nickle, 1st jesuit ring, trade items....again!

abucooche

Feb 23, 2011
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dang, wish i could find some gold or silver coins like everyone else does....i will keep working on it. until then, i am still searching a cool indian site with tons of fur trade item.
my first buffalo nickle (I had to look it up as I didn't have a clue haha) AND my very first jesuit ring, had to look that one up too! the decorative pieces are obviously gun parts, they are all broken, maybe indians used as jewelry? also, the iron piece looks like a hammer from a gun?

thanks for looking,

Attachments

• DSCN0747.JPG
    DSCN0747.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,656
  • DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,445
Upvote 0

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on your 1st Buff :icon_thumright: ! Cool looking relics too, WTG :headbang: !

TommNJ

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will come to your area, bury a shiny silver Roosie, give you a general idea where it's been hid, and swap it for that bent up crusty Jesuit ring.
Any day of the week.
Carl

OP
OP
A

abucooche

Feb 23, 2011
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
I will come to your area, bury a shiny silver Roosie, give you a general idea where it's been hid, and swap it for that bent up crusty Jesuit ring.
Any day of the week.
Carl
don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I almost fainted when i dug the ring, and the buffalo, both a first for me!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FANTASTIC finds! That piece with the loop on it is part of a serpent side plate from a musket.

You may find the rest of it where you are detecting. :headbang:

Cheers,

Buckles

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that ring is awesome

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
What a good day you had! Yours is the first Jesuit ring I've ever seen, cool. I was born in 1942, so we kids had and spent many beautiful Buffalo nickels; wish I'd saved some. The Buffalo nickel is one of my very favorite coins ever because both the Buffalo and the Indian's face are presented realistically and respectfully. My son found his only Buffalo nickel in our fave digging field last fall and I was jealous! Later I found an old silver dollar in that same field, so I expect you'll be finding silver in your same digging place very soon. HH Andi

OP
OP
A

abucooche

Feb 23, 2011
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
white's mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the info on the frizzen and serpent side plate! i'm very proud of the ring, i would expect there should be another one waiting to be found!! will be going back at it again today, happy diggin :)

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep poundin that site. If you found a Buff you just may find silver there too. Gratz on the Buff, and keep at it.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abucooche said:
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Any day of the week.
Carl
don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I almost fainted when i dug the ring, and the buffalo, both a first for me!!
I was kidding, just hate using those emoticons, or whatever the Hell they are called.
Carl

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old digs .I am from Gulf Shores orginally. Wish I would have hunted more when I was a kid. Fantastic relics. There should be more there, I would love to know the history of the site.

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abucooche said:
dang, wish i could find some gold or silver coins like everyone else does....i will keep working on it.

You and me both!!!! I don't know what I do wrong, but I sure don't find silver coins just the regular :angry5: common ones! But I won't give up!

The Day after I posted this, I found an 1853 seated liberty quarter! So all you have to do is apparently complain with someone else and the detector does the rest!

until then, i am still searching a cool indian site with tons of fur trade item.
my first buffalo nickle (I had to look it up as I didn't have a clue haha) AND my very first jesuit ring, had to look that one up too! the decorative pieces are obviously gun parts, they are all broken, maybe indians used as jewelry? also, the iron piece looks like a hammer from a gun?

thanks for looking,

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
The buffalo nickle is nice, but it doesn't really hold a candle to the trade items you found. Sites like the one where those trade items were found are far and few in between. If the nickel came from the same site it's just a coincidence. It's much newer, maybe 100 years or more newer than the trade items, which are highly collectable. I would be hitting that site with a vengeance.
Good stuff there and I bet there is lots more where it came from. I would be putting the nickle in the junk box, get a nice frame for the trade items and finding many more to go with the ones you have found already. You should post those finds Fur Trade Artifacts forum. Great finds.
Steve

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would take old musket parts any day. Great job!!!

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The iron part is from a flintlock!! Its the part that the flint hits to send a spark to the powder in the pan. Great find :thumbsup:
HH Bighead

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice heart ring and other findings ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread