2.5" I think it could be 3" Proline Highbanker/Dredge Im gonna make float.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250...looking into a Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those little proline high banker dredge combo units in stock configuration tend to not have very good recovery, the jet come right up into the box under the hopper, there is no baffle or flare to slow down the flow before the I have seen pickers get blown through one. I’m personally a fan of flare headers but they do increase the length of the machine. Having the motor mounted like that should really vibrate the sluice.
Would it be better if I made the rubber flap longer down the box? Im in Indiana, looking for fly poop and flour gold.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the best mats for beach sand? In a dredge. Gold in Indiana is very small.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn it into an over under -

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of that, until then I took some Krylon Appliance Epoxy and sprayed the rusty riffles. After a wire wheel and 80 grit then 120 grit. It looks nice.
It looks nice, but those riffles still suck... especially because they are well known to loose the fine gold. Build a new set with expanded metal and fill the gap with riffles from around 6" after it enter the sluice box.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks nice, but those riffles still suck... especially because they are well known to loose the fine gold. Build a new set with expanded metal and fill the gap with riffles from around 6" after it enter the sluice box.

Ever use dream mat or anything from goldhog?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I'm using dream mat in my mini trommel now.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I'm using dream mat in my mini trommel now.
Where, can I get raised expaned metal sheets. I see only flat epanded where I buy stuff. It is just flat, not like your video. Is it called something else? Please help.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would dream mat work for a dredge? I will be doing mostly sand.
Where, can I get raised expaned metal sheets. I see only flat epanded where I buy stuff. It is just flat, not like your video. Is it called something else? Please help.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would dream mat work for a dredge? I will be doing mostly sand.
Im trying not to sound retarded, I have panned and sluced for years in creeks and rock hounded. I have used a highbanker for years and got fossils and arrow heads and gold in a vile to show from Indiana. But this dredging thing and the amount of water has me second stepping. I was thinking I could find rings and arrow heads while dredging. Now not so much. Gold or nothing.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting on the flotation tomorrow, xps foam and bicycle wheels...LMAO. This will be something you will want to see. God willing it will work.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like you need to get with other prospector's for info on how to do this ! gpaa up in your area can help you. Try to find Chuck Lassiter in that part of Indiana . He also has a book out that would help you a lot ! GOOD LUCK !
I know of him, I have owned his book for a few years now, thanks.

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started making the frame and flotation for my dredge. Its gonna be on detachable wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_20220821_140959[1].jpg
    IMG_20220821_140959[1].jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some of the foam board glued up. This is a long slow process.

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_20220827_154737[1].jpeg
    Resized_IMG_20220827_154737[1].jpeg
    683.3 KB · Views: 23

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That foam is gonna take a beating going to and from the stream ,plus while in the stream going over boulders and such. MAYBE wrapping the foam with some plastic basement foundation wrap to protect the foam from gouging or any pieces from getting broke off . On my 4 inch dredge I made my yellow floats ( Keene )so they will be EZ to attach / detach with quick release pins . It made my trip to the stream better for me to handle in the process .

OP
OP
Mysterious Outdoors

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That foam is gonna take a beating going to and from the stream ,plus while in the stream going over boulders and such. MAYBE wrapping the foam with some plastic basement foundation wrap to protect the foam from gouging or any pieces from getting broke off . On my 4 inch dredge I made my yellow floats ( Keene )so they will be EZ to attach / detach with quick release pins . It made my trip to the stream better for me to handle in the process .
Ya, gonna glass it like a surfboard. It will be extremely light weight, compared to the premade floats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread