Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to a private school that I haven’t been to in a little over 2 years. I have found British coppers, a large cent, round balls, gold and silver jewelry and many other miscellaneous items. This trip was mostly about the clad, a few interesting items, but nothing special.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 88 coins with a face value of $7.73, a dragon pendant, a dollar coin, a euro 20 cent, a badly toasted wheat cent, a hand pendant, a heart pendant, a copper clad bullet, a dog ID tag and rabies tag from 2001, a key, some tabs, can slaw and mashed balls of foil from concession purchases. A decent hunt, but it could have been a lot better.

0F864253-7AF1-4625-8CB2-F8E990FBA102.jpeg

DAY 2
I went to the closest park to my home. I have hit this place hard over the years and found a few goodies, but mostly just modern coins and a little jewelry. It has been a while since I detected here and wanted to see if the folks had done any loosing. I did the tot lot and only found a dime, a penny and a little junk, no jewelry. Then I did a quick walk around some of the ball fields and I did have some luck. Overall the ground is very quiet. Most of the mid and high tones have been cleaned up, leaving only the more recent stuff and maybe a goodie or 2 that was missed.

I only had 2.5 hours to detect and I managed to find 25 coins with a face value of $2.99 (good quarter count), a Mercury dime, the copper part of a copper clad bullet, an angel key ring, a few tabs and a little junk.

59700B74-49AD-4976-952A-DA9F44C0FE85.jpeg

The 1920 merc was a nice surprise. She has a decent amount of wear on her and is a little beat up on the edges but she still looks great to me. She was in an area I had gridded years ago and was down around 8 inches giving off an iffy signal. When I cut the plug and swung the coil over it the signal was much better, but some ash and burnt crud came out with the plug making me think it might be melted aluminum which can also produce a good signal. I broke off a piece of the plug and there was the edge of the coin peeking out at me. I pulled it out and it was right up against a nail and you can still see some rust clinging to the dime on the front and back. I guess I went over it before at the wrong angel and this trip the swing was just right to get that iffy weak high tone. No matter how good you think you are, NOBODY gets it all.

F11C21B2-FA1D-45C2-9095-1746AD851FB3.jpeg

01226D74-77F8-440E-80B9-641833EA77EA.jpeg

7FCC55B0-7401-446A-9601-C6A958D29DF9.jpeg

DAY 3
I got a chance to get back to the scout camp and continue where I left off last time working in the handicraft area. Things started off really slow and in the first 3 hours I only found 6 coins. Things picked up after that and I did a quick walk through of one of the campsites, not a lot of coins there but most of them were quarters so it works out ok.

In 6 hours with the CZ21 I found 69 coins with a face value of $8.37, 92 camp tent pegs, a pair of fishing pliers, a fishing hook removing tool, an iron rope fence pole, a working pocket knife, a fleur-de-lis pin, 3 small leather stamps, 2 bullets, a stainless spoon, sinkers, reinactor blanks, a few tabs and melted foil from the fires.

48F2C36D-0520-4578-AE3D-B3E128F0F292.jpeg

FBA001AA-6A1C-4C7E-91D0-996F29A46FE9.jpeg

49F1F3B2-A43B-47C8-9ED0-27E5E6142B7F.jpeg

DAY 4
I went back to the scout camp to try and cover some more ground before the camp is set for the summer. I went to a different area to see if I would have any luck. Since I have covered most of the better spots and there hasn’t been a lot of time for a lot of losses it is always a shot in the dark with lots of hope and maybe some luck.

I redid part of the staff site and did a quick redo and extension of a site I finished in 2020. The staff has done a poor job of removing the tent pegs and the scouts have done a great job of loosing quarters. In 6.5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 142 coins with a face value of $14.04, 110 tent pegs (most were either on top of the ground or still sticking up out of the ground from recent use), a stainless spoon and knife, a dollar coin, a tiny light, 2 neckerchief slides, 3 rope tensioners, sinkers, a few tabs and melted aluminum from the campfires. I also found some of the usual stuff from camp I don’t always mention. Brass and aluminum grommets, flashlight batteries, the broken tips of aluminum tent poles, aluminum wrappers, smaller personal tent pegs and buried aluminum cans. This was a really good day, lots of good targets (camp pegs count as good targets) and the trash level was low.

00B1E469-A470-4468-AE72-64CC4615C791.jpeg

CBFDE8E2-902D-4F87-9816-8F6DEE1BCED6.jpeg

The thing beside the dollar coin is actually a tiny light with a magnet in the end so it will stick to ferrous metal. It unscrews and there are 4 tiny batteries in it. I checked it out on line and it sticks to a keychain type base and comes on when you separate it from the base. Very different kind of find unfortunately worthless without the base.

6EB6B4F6-7127-4920-B3E9-2BB078CC0210.jpeg

We made our last last trip to Baltimore. Our daughter is moving to Florida. I found 2 quarters and a penny at the rest stop on the way there and 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 6 pennies, a pendant, a clip carabiner and a screw driver from the parking lots. 2 decent morning walks, plus I got my morning workout done.

8DDA4315-C932-4E6F-A521-9ABF7A821B83.jpeg

Just a little over a month left in my detecting year (ends April 30) and things are going ok. Not going to be my best year by a long shot, but not my worst either. Thanks for taking the time to check out my post, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

1F5132B0-F354-48E1-B752-B86C24C24BF9.jpeg D1B9898A-270A-4D8D-B70E-91BC8DDBFE1F.jpeg

Upvote 25

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to a private school that I haven’t been to in a little over 2 years. I have found British coppers, a large cent, round balls, gold and silver jewelry and many other miscellaneous items. This trip was mostly about the clad, a few interesting items, but nothing special.

I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 88 coins with a face value of $7.73, a dragon pendant, a dollar coin, a euro 20 cent, a badly toasted wheat cent, a hand pendant, a heart pendant, a copper clad bullet, a dog ID tag and rabies tag from 2001, a key, some tabs, can slaw and mashed balls of foil from concession purchases. A decent hunt, but it could have been a lot better.

View attachment 2075407

DAY 2
I went to the closest park to my home. I have hit this place hard over the years and found a few goodies, but mostly just modern coins and a little jewelry. It has been a while since I detected here and wanted to see if the folks had done any loosing. I did the tot lot and only found a dime, a penny and a little junk, no jewelry. Then I did a quick walk around some of the ball fields and I did have some luck. Overall the ground is very quiet. Most of the mid and high tones have been cleaned up, leaving only the more recent stuff and maybe a goodie or 2 that was missed.

I only had 2.5 hours to detect and I managed to find 25 coins with a face value of $2.99 (good quarter count), a Mercury dime, the copper part of a copper clad bullet, an angel key ring, a few tabs and a little junk.

View attachment 2075409

The 1920 merc was a nice surprise. She has a decent amount of wear on her and is a little beat up on the edges but she still looks great to me. She was in an area I had gridded years ago and was down around 8 inches giving off an iffy signal. When I cut the plug and swung the coil over it the signal was much better, but some ash and burnt crud came out with the plug making me think it might be melted aluminum which can also produce a good signal. I broke off a piece of the plug and there was the edge of the coin peeking out at me. I pulled it out and it was right up against a nail and you can still see some rust clinging to the dime on the front and back. I guess I went over it before at the wrong angel and this trip the swing was just right to get that iffy weak high tone. No matter how good you think you are, NOBODY gets it all.

View attachment 2075419

View attachment 2075406

View attachment 2075410

DAY 3
I got a chance to get back to the scout camp and continue where I left off last time working in the handicraft area. Things started off really slow and in the first 3 hours I only found 6 coins. Things picked up after that and I did a quick walk through of one of the campsites, not a lot of coins there but most of them were quarters so it works out ok.

In 6 hours with the CZ21 I found 69 coins with a face value of $8.37, 92 camp tent pegs, a pair of fishing pliers, a fishing hook removing tool, an iron rope fence pole, a working pocket knife, a fleur-de-lis pin, 3 small leather stamps, 2 bullets, a stainless spoon, sinkers, reinactor blanks, a few tabs and melted foil from the fires.

View attachment 2075411

View attachment 2075418

View attachment 2075413

DAY 4
I went back to the scout camp to try and cover some more ground before the camp is set for the summer. I went to a different area to see if I would have any luck. Since I have covered most of the better spots and there hasn’t been a lot of time for a lot of losses it is always a shot in the dark with lots of hope and maybe some luck.

I redid part of the staff site and did a quick redo and extension of a site I finished in 2020. The staff has done a poor job of removing the tent pegs and the scouts have done a great job of loosing quarters. In 6.5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 142 coins with a face value of $14.04, 110 tent pegs (most were either on top of the ground or still sticking up out of the ground from recent use), a stainless spoon and knife, a dollar coin, a tiny light, 2 neckerchief slides, 3 rope tensioners, sinkers, a few tabs and melted aluminum from the campfires. I also found some of the usual stuff from camp I don’t always mention. Brass and aluminum grommets, flashlight batteries, the broken tips of aluminum tent poles, aluminum wrappers, smaller personal tent pegs and buried aluminum cans. This was a really good day, lots of good targets (camp pegs count as good targets) and the trash level was low.

View attachment 2075415

View attachment 2075416

The thing beside the dollar coin is actually a tiny light with a magnet in the end so it will stick to ferrous metal. It unscrews and there are 4 tiny batteries in it. I checked it out on line and it sticks to a keychain type base and comes on when you separate it from the base. Very different kind of find unfortunately worthless without the base.

View attachment 2075417

We made our last last trip to Baltimore. Our daughter is moving to Florida. I found 2 quarters and a penny at the rest stop on the way there and 2 quarters, 2 dimes, 6 pennies, a pendant, a clip carabiner and a screw driver from the parking lots. 2 decent morning walks, plus I got my morning workout done.

View attachment 2075412

Just a little over a month left in my detecting year (ends April 30) and things are going ok. Not going to be my best year by a long shot, but not my worst either. Thanks for taking the time to check out my post, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

View attachment 2075408 View attachment 2075414
GREAT DAY Thanks for sharing with us :)

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That wore me out just looking at how many holes! Congrats on your great finds!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1

View attachment 2075407

DAY 2

View attachment 2075409

View attachment 2075419

View attachment 2075406

View attachment 2075410

DAY 3

View attachment 2075411

View attachment 2075418

View attachment 2075413

DAY 4

View attachment 2075415

View attachment 2075416

View attachment 2075417

View attachment 2075412

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1

View attachment 2075407

DAY 2

View attachment 2075409

View attachment 2075419

View attachment 2075406

View attachment 2075410

DAY 3

View attachment 2075411

View attachment 2075418

View attachment 2075413

DAY 4

View attachment 2075415

View attachment 2075416

View attachment 2075417

View attachment 2075412

My shoulder hurts just looking at your pics... that's an incredible amount of digging...love the merc!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds!
I'm curious why you end your detecting year on April 30, any particular reason?
Thanks as always. I started detecting May 2, 2002 so I ended my first year April 30, 2003. Thats just the way I have done It keeping track of a full 365 days instead of a half year the first year. Just me being weird I guess. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks as always. I started detecting May 2, 2002 so I ended my first year April 30, 2003. Thats just the way I have done It keeping track of a full 365 days instead of a half year the first year. Just me being weird I guess. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
Makes sense to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread