2 for 1 SALE: Nokta-up vs. Whinelab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Why can I buy 2 Nokta Legend complete kits with blue tooth head phones; $500-600 each, for a single Whinelab detector that runs $2000 msrp and no extra coils or accessories. Does the Aussie made stuff detect twice as deep as a Nocturn Makbro Legume 'cause I dont get it. Does the EX Dousch ll have fewer tech adjustments on screen by half the Manglecore? What is going on in the price market for a Deux to be half the cost and be within 3 inches of depth to a Mantibore? Did I bump into a ZOMBIE and feel light headed, like I'm missing something? $2000 for greener grass? HELP me get a handle on this. They ALL have the same FCC restricted power output of <30dbma right, so how does "more power" claims work? 1.3khz-147khz is still dual frequency transmit and receive for most of these. Whats the diff? Software or Algorithms cant be that much? Curious.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why can I buy 2 Nokta Legend complete kits with blue tooth head phones; $500-600 each, for a single Whinelab detector that runs $2000 msrp and no extra coils or accessories. Does the Aussie made stuff detect twice as deep as a Nocturn Makbro Legume 'cause I dont get it. Does the EX Dousch ll have fewer tech adjustments on screen by half the Manglecore? What is going on in the price market for a Deux to be half the cost and be within 3 inches of depth to a Mantibore? Did I bump into a ZOMBIE and feel light headed, like I'm missing something? $2000 for greener grass? HELP me get a handle on this. They ALL have the same FCC restricted power output of <30dbma right, so how does "more power" claims work? 1.3khz-147khz is still dual frequency transmit and receive for most of these. Whats the diff? Software or Algorithms cant be that much? Curious.
Why the derogatory aliases for fine machines in their own right? One gets what they pay for. I only have an "antique" F-75, and it does all right for a part-time enthusiast, but have seen thousands of posts here by members using the machines disrespected above, showing their discoveries. They all do very well. The differences are weight, ergonomics, durability, reliability, more sophisticated electronics, wireless ability, customizable software, processor speed and flexibility.

Look at those here with long lists of banner finds, huge successes at the beach, and look at what they are using. Generally, you're going to find the high-end machines.

Last edited:

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you believe your writing style conveys serious concern, sorry, I don't get it. It's difficult to take your questions as genuine concerns, as opposed to just being the unfocused rant that it appears to be.

Rather than trying to appear clever, why not ask your questions clearly? Then you'll be more likely to receive serious opinions.

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is not a legitimate post, in my opinion. Based on the insulting names you posted regarding Minelab, it reads like a troll post. And it appears that you already have a strong opinion. I have trouble believing you're curious at all.

OP
OP
Z

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
This is not a legitimate post, in my opinion. Based on the insulting names you posted regarding Minelab, it reads like a troll post. And it appears that you already have a strong opinion. I have trouble believing you're curious at all.
It's called HUMOR. Made FUNNY names of other detectors, too. Was not being derogatory as exemplified by the Zombie sentence. Have a concern that the price for new top of the line machines doesn't really improve the hobby at such a price point. I run a White's Spectra 3 and have all the features of the Minestab AND a color screen with the 2D graph that is almost 10 years old. It's cost new was like the Deux ll and not exorbitant as I think the Manticore is for the product provided. I remember reaching 10-18 inches TWENTY YEARS AGO for much less machine(Tesoro) and am curious why a $2000 product does not have that many new features. I am impressed by its receiver circuitry for heavy iron mineralization, good show and all; but... Maybe if you could save some money from exorbitant suppliers some might be able to buy a sense of humor. Not getting the joke should not mean kill the messenger. Could i say you are following my example of criticism also?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Clearly asking these questions then...
Why does the Manticore have so many problems like high tone falseing when on high iron soils? Why are so many people complaining about the headphones not being water proof to the point of failure from a light sprinkle that lets one drop of rain kill them? Why are there so many operators having to charge and run their bluetooth head phones on wires because of failure of the transmitter after two weeks of use? Then they contact Minelab for service and are told to send the detector and head phones back? Shipping the whole kit can be costly. Why are so many complaining about the wind whistle from said headgear that prevents low signal recognition? Why do you have to run the backlight at all times in direct sunlight to see the screen? Why do you have to run Ground Balance Tracking at all times instead of the initial balance when first entering a field? Why does the YouTube community have so many videos about small iron nails not being filtered out such that some cant hunt in trashy locations when they had no problem with a Equinox 900/800/700 in the same field? Why do so many complain of a loss of performance in plowed fields, construction sites with graded soils, planter beds, tilled or aerated lawns? Is this drop out of depth due to software or voids? Why does the sensitivity go to 35 when it redlines at 30 and really can't be used past 25 due to excessive chatty second signals? why do i read every experienced owner is unhappy that the higher sensitivity can be used only in ideal soil situations? One out of ten hunts i go on in colorado are ideal soil and the rest on always changing geology. Why does turning down the sensitivity reduce depth of recovery so much? Shouldn't it just be called depth adjust? Why do minelab owners act so defensive about legitimate criticism of the products and respond so judge mentally as to make one feel they should not dare to complain? Is it because they spent so much money on a toy and you are taking their superiority rating from them that playing with it brings resentment? I tried to ask questions about the advertised [more power] when it is regulated by the FCC for all machines and was not taken seriously due to jokes i am not sorry i made; Got Humor? Calabash Digger can not use his manticore due to false signals. Mental Metal Detecting had to contact the factory for a machine manual that can only be downloaded due to a lack of specificity of the book that came in the box. Hidden History Hunter has not found any object in plowed fields deeper than 10 inches. Metal Detecting NYC suggests it is the finest beach machine ever then goes on with a littany of soil failures i am paraphrasing here. List goes on about problems from such an expensive device, yes it's new, but damn!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detector's power is not limited by FCC, FCC doesn't regulate or care about metal detector power, the FCC cares about electric field gradient and detectors transmit a magnetic field there is no FCC reg that limits detector field strength.

Detectors are limited by ground noise, the more power transmitted the more ground noise you pick up, if a company can invent or find a better way to filter out ground noise or transmit more power without increasing the receive ground noise then you will get more depth.

Sensitivity settings depends on soil conditions, ground noise and EMI, detector may be able to run at sense of 20 in one location and 30 at a different location.

Just buy a Legend, you obviously are anti Minelab.

Last edited:

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearly asking these questions then...
Why does the Manticore have so many problems like high tone falseing when on high iron soils? Why are so many people complaining about the headphones not being water proof to the point of failure from a light sprinkle that lets one drop of rain kill them? Why are there so many operators having to charge and run their bluetooth head phones on wires because of failure of the transmitter after two weeks of use? Then they contact Minelab for service and are told to send the detector and head phones back? Shipping the whole kit can be costly. Why are so many complaining about the wind whistle from said headgear that prevents low signal recognition? Why do you have to run the backlight at all times in direct sunlight to see the screen? Why do you have to run Ground Balance Tracking at all times instead of the initial balance when first entering a field? Why does the YouTube community have so many videos about small iron nails not being filtered out such that some cant hunt in trashy locations when they had no problem with a Equinox 900/800/700 in the same field? Why do so many complain of a loss of performance in plowed fields, construction sites with graded soils, planter beds, tilled or aerated lawns? Is this drop out of depth due to software or voids? Why does the sensitivity go to 35 when it redlines at 30 and really can't be used past 25 due to excessive chatty second signals? why do i read every experienced owner is unhappy that the higher sensitivity can be used only in ideal soil situations? One out of ten hunts i go on in colorado are ideal soil and the rest on always changing geology. Why does turning down the sensitivity reduce depth of recovery so much? Shouldn't it just be called depth adjust? Why do minelab owners act so defensive about legitimate criticism of the products and respond so judge mentally as to make one feel they should not dare to complain? Is it because they spent so much money on a toy and you are taking their superiority rating from them that playing with it brings resentment? I tried to ask questions about the advertised [more power] when it is regulated by the FCC for all machines and was not taken seriously due to jokes i am not sorry i made; Got Humor? Calabast Digger can not use his manticore due to false signals. Mental Metal Detecting had to contact the factory for a machine manual that can only be downloaded due to a lack of specificity of the book that came in the box. Hidden History Hunter has not found any object in plowed fields deeper than 10 inches. Metal Detecting NYC suggests it is the finest beach machine ever then goes on with a littany of soil failures i am paraphrasing here. List goes on about problems from such an expensive device, yes it's new, but damn!
So when are you going to order your Manticore ?

OP
OP
Z

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Metal detector's power is not limited by FCC, FCC doesn't regulate or care about metal detector power, the FCC cares about electric field gradient and detectors transmit a magnetic field there is no FCC reg that limits detector field strength.

Detectors are limited by ground noise, the more power transmitted the more ground noise you pick up, if a company can invent or find a better way to filter out ground noise or transmit more power without increasing the receive ground noise then you will get more depth.

Sensitivity settings depends on soil conditions, ground noise and EMI, detector may be able to run at sense of 20 in one location and 30 at a different location.

Just buy a Legend, you obviously are anti Minelab.
Beg to differ as there are FCC compliance stuff in most booklets, you know, fine print on last pages, compliance stickers inside head units, etc. These devices transmit frequencies in kilohertz(khz), that can interfere with electronic devices so the power output from the transmit coil is regulated. Metal Detecting NYC has a chart of FCC limits in one of his new videos, is he a liar subject to liability for an income generating source? Please search the interweb:tongue3: for FCC limits of transmission of electromagnetic frequencies. Anyone have trouble with different machines interfering signals while hunting the same area? That's the stuff! Some times your corrections ain't so correct. I owned a M-lab Sovereign ll and traded it for a White's Spectra 3. Feel i got the better deal. Not anti this or that just don't appreciate a company selling machines for $2000 with so many bugs (and no small coil availability), with-More Power-printed on the box and advertised so, etc.
Waiting for your answers EMIL W!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manual stating detector Complies with FCC rules part 15 does not mean the tx power of detector is limited.

Below is page from Nox Manual.

Screenshot_20230219_063455_Samsung Notes.jpg

Here read this thread, Carl-NC explains it much better.

Last edited:

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beg to differ as there are FCC compliance stuff in most booklets, you know, fine print on last pages, compliance stickers inside head units, etc. These devices transmit frequencies in kilohertz(khz), that can interfere with electronic devices so the power output from the transmit coil is regulated. Metal Detecting NYC has a chart of FCC limits in one of his new videos, is he a liar subject to liability for an income generating source? Please search the interweb:tongue3: for FCC limits of transmission of electromagnetic frequencies. Anyone have trouble with different machines interfering signals while hunting the same area? That's the stuff! Some times your corrections ain't so correct. I owned a M-lab Sovereign ll and traded it for a White's Spectra 3. Feel i got the better deal. Not anti this or that just don't appreciate a company selling machines for $2000 with so many bugs (and no small coil availability), with-More Power-printed on the box and advertised so, etc.
Waiting for your answers EMIL W!
I don't have a clue why you'd assume I'd have a response. I simply stated you'll be more likely to receive serious opinions if your questions were more succinct and if you abandoned your sophomoric attempt at humor.

Personally, I generally don't join in futile attempts to change the mind of anyone who's opinion already appears firmly set.

My only comment on the subject is that the anecdotal evidence you've provided so far is simply that--anecdotal. Anecdotes differ greatly depending on the individuals' perspective and experiences. Anecdotes serve little purpose in proving one product's capabilities over another's. That require statistics, or at the very least, personally testing each product to see how it preforms for you. So, if you're choosing to use anecdotes to make your determination about the abilities of a specific detector, good for you--you've found the answer you're looking for. Others, including myself, consider more than what our next door neighbor says about his machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
I don't have a clue why you'd assume I'd have a response. I simply stated you'll be more likely to receive serious opinions if your questions were more succinct and if you abandoned your sophomoric attempt at humor.

Personally, I generally don't join in futile attempts to change the mind of anyone who's opinion already appears firmly set.

My only comment on the subject is that the anecdotal evidence you've provided so far is simply that--anecdotal. Anecdotes differ greatly depending on the individuals' perspective and experiences. Anecdotes serve little purpose in proving one product's capabilities over another's. That require statistics, or at the very least, personally testing each product to see how it preforms for you. So, if you're choosing to use anecdotes to make your determination about the abilities of a specific detector, good for you--you've found the answer you're looking for. Others, including myself, consider more than what our next door neighbor says about his machine.
This whole website is based on anecdotal exchanges. Mute rant like me? Listed personal test experiences by other authors for reference to my criticisms. If you choose to ignore referred experience you wont change either. Not trying to prove anything, just explaining a point of view that has easily irritated you. Think my approach is opinionated; am considering acquiring one in future due to its many circuit features not found in other machines, like the computer chip installed at the coil. But will do the smart job and wait for company to put out "improved version" of software. Then purchase used-of course. Are you able to realize this thread was started as feedback?(That could be seen by Minelab.) Until then am happy with my V3i coil selection. When is last time Minecrab put out a software update for ANY machine, please?
So we are not allowed to make people smile on this site; can trot on over to detectorprospector.com or mentalmetaldetecting.com where humor is commented on as either "good one", or not.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Dearest "ZombieKnot". Seems as though you have mastered the "Youtube", so...how are you on operating a metal detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread