2 inch shark tooth - Bakersfield, Ca area

jgleaves

Greenie
Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was up digging on a friends property with the Southern California Paleontological Society in early May. Club sponsored field trip. Had one chunk of sandstone with 1/4 inch of a tooth's tip sticking out. Thought it was small tooth. 2 weeks later as I started to clean it up, turned out to be best tooth find for this trip. Found other teeth, mammal bones( many vertebrate ), and some turtle shell pieces.
2 inch tooth inmatrix.JPG

Attachments

• all my finds.JPG
    all my finds.JPG
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 14

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Was up digging on a friends property with the Southern California Paleontological Society in early May. Club sponsored field trip. Had one chunk of sandstone with 1/4 inch of a tooth's tip sticking out. Thought it was small tooth. 2 weeks later as I started to clean it up, turned out to be best tooth find for this trip. Found other teeth, mammal bones( many vertebrate ), and some turtle shell pieces. View attachment 2085611
Proverbial Tip of the Iceberg. Nice find!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool My Brother found a lot of sharks teeth on a jobsite he was working in the Los Angeles hills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread