2 indians, and 10 wheaties! Clearly the best day, so far this year!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Today, I drove out to Nate's neighborhood for another round of detecting. We were suppose to meet up at 8am, but we didn't leave until around 8:30am. There were three of us hunting in the morning. We hit a new field, which did not kick out much clad. I think we spent around 20-30 minutes there. Like Nate said, "you know when a field really sucks when you don't get a lot of clad." Between the three of us, we did not find much so we decided to move onto the next spot.

The next spot we hit was were Nate and I pulled silver once before. The two other guys we had with us were hoping to get some silver as well. We must have spent 2 hours there, or at least thats what it felt like. Only one person came away with silver. Can you guys guess who? Nate! :) He always comes away with silver. Its a given! :) Anyways, on our way back to the car, his buddy Tim got a signal around a gravel/sand area and dug the hole and out popped a 1940's wheatie. After Tim got his wheatie, we decided it was time for lunch.

We hit McDonald's and I brought my lunch from home so I had roast beast with noodles while Nate, Tim, and Brandon had a Quarter pounder with cheese. Once they were done eating, we headed to a new spot. We decided to hit an elementary school that his friend Andy told us about. We did not expect to find any keepers there, but we just wanted to go to have a good time.

Once we got there, Nate told us we should check the field to the right of the school. We surley did and wheaties started popping out of the ground like no other! I kept yelling to everyone 1930 something wheatie and so on! It was really funny because by the time I hit my 4th 1930's wheatie Nate said, "You must be stuck in the 30's!" I laughed and we went back to hunting. I then got a really iffy signal and dug down. I did not expect to find an Indian head penny in the bottom of my hole! At the time, it was really corroded so I could not get a date off of it.

I then put it in my pouch and we went on. Things started to slow down at this spot, since we now had 5 people hunting. Nate, Tim, Brandon, Andy, and me were all pounding the spot by the school. 10 minutes before we left, I got a shallow Penny signal and was expecting a memorial, but nope another Indian head! This time I could make the date out clearly and read the back. It was a 1902! I know I got a 1902 last year, but this one is in better shape then the year before.

All in all, I had a great day and loved getting 2 Indians, 10 wheaties and clad! I also got a religious medallion. Sorry for the long post, this time I actually got to write and tell you about my finds since I do not have school tomorrow! :)

Wheatie dates are as follows:

1919s
2 1920 wheaties
1939s

Indians are:

Here are the photos! :) Sorry for the really bad wheatie photo. You can clearly tell they are wheaties though.

picturesfromsuperbowlweek013.jpg

picturesfromsuperbowlweek014.jpg

volume3023.jpg

volume3017.jpg

volume2ofsuperbowlpictures031.jpg

Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great time DF. Looking forward to the next hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Awesome finds there DF...did you do your happy dance at the end of the day?...keep up the great detecting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 944
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 941

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Looks like you found where the kiddies played. Very nice finds.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job buddy!!! :icon_pirat:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats, even on my best day, I have never found that many wheaties in the same day! What were the totals for all 5 of you?

HH, BB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt.........Matt

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a good hunt, DF :thumbsup: I'd dig wheaties all day if I had the chance. WTG on scoring the IH. I bet you don't find those in Washington that often, or do you?? HH Ron

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
BeachBumm said:
Wow, congrats, even on my best day, I have never found that many wheaties in the same day! What were the totals for all 5 of you?

HH, BB

Nate got 11 wheaties, I got 10 wheaties, brandon got 1 wheatie, and Tim got one wheatie.

In total we all found 23 wheaties for the day.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
crazyjarhead said:
Looks like you had a good hunt, DF :thumbsup: I'd dig wheaties all day if I had the chance. WTG on scoring the IH. I bet you don't find those in Washington that often, or do you?? HH Ron

Nope, we do not find indian head pennies that often. We find either 1 or 3 a year at the most. Never have I found 2 in one day :)

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Nice finds, Matt!! I think you'd better hit that spot again...where's there's wheaties and indians, you're gonna find silver too!

Ray

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you all had a fantastic hunt! Gotta love the Indians! :icon_thumleft:

Congrats! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread