Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was supposed to be the warmest day this week, so I told my lady I'd be absent for the day. I went to a park that gets hammered pretty hard, and I've it hit pretty hard myself, so I wasn't really expecting much. The weather didn't turn out quite as predicted and it was warmest when I got there at 10am. Then the north wind started to blow, and only intensified as the day went on. I found a nice little silver ring almost immediately, so I was not going to be deterred.

I typically don't dig clad pennies, as long as the ground is cooperative enough to discern them, and I guess I'm not the only one as they're everywhere at this park. I was about 2 hours in when I got a steady signal that was just 1 digit higher than a clad penny, so I gave it a look. When I popped the plug I saw a little silver snake head sticking out! When I plucked him from the grass roots I was bummed to see that it was only half of a ring. The mower beast had had it's way with him, no doubt. I carefully searched the area around, about 10-12 feet in diameter, hoping to find the missing tail. It just wasn't there. My belly started getting louder than the detector so I decided it was a good time to go treat myself to some Wendy's. While I was walking back to the car, swinging kind of quick and haphazardly, I got that same signal. I'm now about 60-70 feet away from where I found the snake head. Sure enough! It wasn't his tail however, it was an identical head! Ahhh, a two headed snake ring in 925, noice! As soon as I got home I silver soldered it back together.

23nov21 hunt2.jpeg

The clad for the day came in at $4.35. One gallon of gas here. All except for one dime near the surface the coins were quite deep.

23nov21 hunt1.jpeg

Nice to be able to get out this time of year. Good luck out there!

Upvote 14

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was supposed to be the warmest day this week, so I told my lady I'd be absent for the day. I went to a park that gets hammered pretty hard, and I've it hit pretty hard myself, so I wasn't really expecting much. The weather didn't turn out quite as predicted and it was warmest when I got there at 10am. Then the north wind started to blow, and only intensified as the day went on. I found a nice little silver ring almost immediately, so I was not going to be deterred.

I typically don't dig clad pennies, as long as the ground is cooperative enough to discern them, and I guess I'm not the only one as they're everywhere at this park. I was about 2 hours in when I got a steady signal that was just 1 digit higher than a clad penny, so I gave it a look. When I popped the plug I saw a little silver snake head sticking out! When I plucked him from the grass roots I was bummed to see that it was only half of a ring. The mower beast had had it's way with him, no doubt. I carefully searched the area around, about 10-12 feet in diameter, hoping to find the missing tail. It just wasn't there. My belly started getting louder than the detector so I decided it was a good time to go treat myself to some Wendy's. While I was walking back to the car, swinging kind of quick and haphazardly, I got that same signal. I'm now about 60-70 feet away from where I found the snake head. Sure enough! It wasn't his tail however, it was an identical head! Ahhh, a two headed snake ring in 925, noice! As soon as I got home I silver soldered it back together.

View attachment 1992803

The clad for the day came in at $4.35. One gallon of gas here. All except for one dime near the surface the coins were quite deep.

View attachment 1992804

Nice to be able to get out this time of year. Good luck out there!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice repair job too,neat looking rings,hope you find the rest of them.What,s the odds of finding two half rings like that?
It was a two-headed ring as they fit together perfectly at the break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread