2 silvers, a civil war style lead die, 2 dollar coins and a 2 dollar coin and variety from the scout camp

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the festival grounds to do some more swingin. Always hopeful, but with the knowledge that it may all just be junk and clad. Spent 5 hours wandering over spots occupied by tents during the festival, hoping for a deep oldie from areas I have not gridded and new losses.

In 5 hours I found 94 coins with a face value of $6.25, a toy car, a 20 cent euro coin, a railroad mashed penny, a mangled brass whatzit, cans, tabs and junk oh my.

F175DC9D-0C56-464B-9D9C-78C63741F30E.jpeg

0FCC0D53-3D6D-43B0-B454-4AB30DDD4A3C.jpeg

The brass whatzit has threaded fittings like plumbing and a ball joint to swivel in the middle. It’s built like plumbing, but not like any plumbing I’ve ever seen. No idea what it is, anyone have a clue?

440D8653-DE28-43BD-BCCF-B855EA0F61BF.jpeg

C4EBC5FB-D477-47C6-87D3-B7A4C2B32EE6.jpeg

Took my weekly trip to camp. Only 1 more week before the campers arrive and I wait until August when camp ends to go back up. Most of the ungridded areas are program areas and around buildings so I was not expecting a great day, but you don’t know until you do the swingin what’s in the ground.

I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and managed to find 163 coins with a face value of $12.84, 27 camp tent pegs, a stainless fork, another leather stamp, 4 scout pins, a Lt. Colonel oak leaf, a cut down penny (it was cut to the size of a dime), a Freedom token, a silver ring, a lead die, two 50 Euro cents, 10 shield and sunburst tokens (4 large and 6 small), a Webelos neckerchief slide, a toy Volkswagen without wheels, some can tabs and only a little trash.

E845A0D0-2C28-4F05-A286-982648D65CE0.jpeg

B825001E-3E3B-476B-A547-8D7FCD9BDA12.jpeg

4FBCC359-BF78-42D3-AA72-40D159A39D12.jpeg

The silver ring is a little out of round, but easily fixable. It is marked 925 and has a makers mark. Not sure who the maker is or how old, but camp is only 42 years old so prob not real old.

DDDBB0B3-77CB-487E-BE4E-3B7441386A90.jpeg

The ground the camp is on has been occupied for a long time. I have found a large cent, flat buttons and round balls from the original settlement. This lead die is like one I found several years ago at a civil war site. It was found fairly close to the area the other older finds were located in camp. I’m confident that it is indeed a piece of the camp’s older history. It may have been brought to camp by a scout and lost, but I’m thinking it wasn’t. No way to know for sure unfortunately.

47680199-CAD2-4EBC-9AF2-D870094D5208.jpeg

I also spotted a new friend. He stayed nice and still while I took his picture. He is a hooded warbler. They winter in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. They must not be real common in our area because he is the first one I have ever seen.

191AF225-B8EF-46D6-A5B0-BE7C91DDBC6F.jpeg

School is out so I can detect the middle schools during the week now. I went to one and started swingin and after about 50 minutes the custodians came out and started mowing the field I was on so I picked up my markers and moved to another part of the grounds. Not a lot of luck there so when they finished the field I went back and because of time I just did some wandering around.

All together 5 hours with the CZ21 and found 111 coins with a face value of $8.11, a US dollar coin, 2 New Zealand coins ($1 & $2), a silver earring, a toy car, can tabs, can slaw, 2 whole aluminum cans some foil and aluminum bottle caps.

EF433E08-9476-43CE-972F-6F5A93012FEF.jpeg

Why do these stupid foreign coins have to be gold colored? In the past 3 hunts I have found 5 gold colored coins. And each time one pops up my heart starts to race, Did I finally find a gold coin after 20 years of detecting? Then reality strikes and it’s a big letdown. At least the ones I am finding are worth something. 1 of the 20 cent euro coins, 2 of the 50 cent euro coins, and New Zealand coins, a 1 dollar and a 2 dollar. Still a lot better than a penny.

A2505402-840D-4593-8105-25DC36D9556F.jpeg

The earring is marked 925 on the post that goes in the ear piercing. Part of the clasp is broken off, but it’s silver so I’m happy.

0A026627-CE0E-4580-9FEB-663476D0C54F.jpeg

Nice piles of clad, silver, more foreign coins, a nice oldie and more scout camp goodies. Short week this week and it will be a short one next week with doctors for my wife and family gatherings for Father’s Day. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 708D7739-3303-4E00-B1BB-A9EF581C572D.jpeg
    708D7739-3303-4E00-B1BB-A9EF581C572D.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Upvote 18

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the festival grounds to do some more swingin. Always hopeful, but with the knowledge that it may all just be junk and clad. Spent 5 hours wandering over spots occupied by tents during the festival, hoping for a deep oldie from areas I have not gridded and new losses.

In 5 hours I found 94 coins with a face value of $6.25, a toy car, a 20 cent euro coin, a railroad mashed penny, a mangled brass whatzit, cans, tabs and junk oh my.

View attachment 2031369

View attachment 2031357

The brass whatzit has threaded fittings like plumbing and a ball joint to swivel in the middle. It’s built like plumbing, but not like any plumbing I’ve ever seen. No idea what it is, anyone have a clue?

View attachment 2031358

View attachment 2031359

Took my weekly trip to camp. Only 1 more week before the campers arrive and I wait until August when camp ends to go back up. Most of the ungridded areas are program areas and around buildings so I was not expecting a great day, but you don’t know until you do the swingin what’s in the ground.

I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and managed to find 163 coins with a face value of $12.84, 27 camp tent pegs, a stainless fork, another leather stamp, 4 scout pins, a Lt. Colonel oak leaf, a cut down penny (it was cut to the size of a dime), a Freedom token, a silver ring, a lead die, two 50 Euro cents, 10 shield and sunburst tokens (4 large and 6 small), a Webelos neckerchief slide, a toy Volkswagen without wheels, some can tabs and only a little trash.

View attachment 2031360

View attachment 2031361

View attachment 2031362

The silver ring is a little out of round, but easily fixable. It is marked 925 and has a makers mark. Not sure who the maker is or how old, but camp is only 42 years old so prob not real old.

View attachment 2031356

The ground the camp is on has been occupied for a long time. I have found a large cent, flat buttons and round balls from the original settlement. This lead die is like one I found several years ago at a civil war site. It was found fairly close to the area the other older finds were located in camp. I’m confident that it is indeed a piece of the camp’s older history. It may have been brought to camp by a scout and lost, but I’m thinking it wasn’t. No way to know for sure unfortunately.

View attachment 2031363

I also spotted a new friend. He stayed nice and still while I took his picture. He is a hooded warbler. They winter in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. They must not be real common in our area because he is the first one I have ever seen.

View attachment 2031364

School is out so I can detect the middle schools during the week now. I went to one and started swingin and after about 50 minutes the custodians came out and started mowing the field I was on so I picked up my markers and moved to another part of the grounds. Not a lot of luck there so when they finished the field I went back and because of time I just did some wandering around.

All together 5 hours with the CZ21 and found 111 coins with a face value of $8.11, a US dollar coin, 2 New Zealand coins ($1 & $2), a silver earring, a toy car, can tabs, can slaw, 2 whole aluminum cans some foil and aluminum bottle caps.

View attachment 2031366

Why do these stupid foreign coins have to be gold colored? In the past 3 hunts I have found 5 gold colored coins. And each time one pops up my heart starts to race, Did I finally find a gold coin after 20 years of detecting? Then reality strikes and it’s a big letdown. At least the ones I am finding are worth something. 1 of the 20 cent euro coins, 2 of the 50 cent euro coins, and New Zealand coins, a 1 dollar and a 2 dollar. Still a lot better than a penny.

View attachment 2031367

The earring is marked 925 on the post that goes in the ear piercing. Part of the clasp is broken off, but it’s silver so I’m happy.

View attachment 2031368

Nice piles of clad, silver, more foreign coins, a nice oldie and more scout camp goodies. Short week this week and it will be a short one next week with doctors for my wife and family gatherings for Father’s Day. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Tnt-hunter, Your arm must be sore after so much digging...you are really cleaning the campground up!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2031369

View attachment 2031357

View attachment 2031358

View attachment 2031359

View attachment 2031360

View attachment 2031361

View attachment 2031362

View attachment 2031356

View attachment 2031363

View attachment 2031364

View attachment 2031366

View attachment 2031367

View attachment 2031368

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All those coins and other goodies- that is some seriously strong work- Congrats!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those coins and other goodies- that is some seriously strong work- Congrats!

Thanks Jeff I do my best.
Tnt-hunter, Your arm must be sore after so much digging...you are really cleaning the campground up!

Yes my old shoulder gets sore sometimes, but you have to keep swingin to bring in the goodies. And yes I am cleaning the place out pretty good.

Thanks to all, stay safe and keep swingin.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2031369

View attachment 2031357

View attachment 2031358

View attachment 2031359

View attachment 2031360

View attachment 2031361

View attachment 2031362

View attachment 2031356

View attachment 2031363

View attachment 2031364

View attachment 2031366

View attachment 2031367

View attachment 2031368

great finds and such a cool variety, love that silver!

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D

View attachment 2031369

View attachment 2031357

View attachment 2031358

View attachment 2031359

View attachment 2031360

View attachment 2031361

View attachment 2031362

View attachment 2031356

View attachment 2031363

View attachment 2031364

View attachment 2031366

View attachment 2031367

View attachment 2031368

Is that dice made of metal?

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that dice made of metal?
Yes it is made of lead. I have found several over the years. Lead dice date back to early Roman times, but this one looks like a civil war type and was found where other civil war artifacts have been recovered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread