Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s back to the cold weather after my trip to Florida, but I think some of the warm followed me. I went out to one of the schools and it was 32, but quickly warmed up into the 50s so a good day to swing the detector.

I was using my old faithful CZ21 and in 6 hours I found 167 coins with a face value of $14.06 (nickel and dime heavy), the back half of the elephant Pin I found a while ago, a modern button, 2 matching keys 3 feet apart, marine corp ring, a 1964 D Rosie, a fashion ring, a little slaw and foil and lots of tabs.

75D45B6E-07DC-43CA-BA50-611B302774F5.jpeg

The marine corp ring is still available for purchase with a simulated stone. This one was down deep and is an older style. The ring is brass with gold plating that is coming off all over the ring. The stone tests as a real ruby, it may be lab created, but it is still a ruby. The newer rings have 1945 under the Iwo Jima picture. This one has USMC in that place. Not a great find, but certainly an unusual one.

348C9964-F75B-436C-A984-DFB0876EE39F.jpeg

2C20E46A-B33F-4DB8-8B58-DAFE51D45E71.jpeg
E66D6572-6AC6-452D-885C-294BB5CFC72B.jpeg

I went back to the civil war bullet school and detected for 5.5 hours. I found 92 coins with a face value of $4.88, a table spoon (GENESEE SILVER PLATE), a glass door knob, an aluminum B, 2 large keys, a CW bullet, a silver disc, a monopoly game tab and the usual pile of miscellaneous metal.

D8DB3810-17BA-4673-AD5A-DF108893CADA.jpeg

The bullet is another Williams Type III. When I found the silver disc I was pretty sure it was silver right off. I noticed the weld mark in the center and thought it might be a tiny silver flat button. When I cleaned it I could see it was marked STERLING and it had the initials SSJ on the front. It is scratched up rather badly and looks like it has been run over a number of times. It may have been thrown up in that area by the snow plow after it was run over as it was close to the parking area.

1FE75121-533E-4B19-A412-AD4C619005D9.jpeg

31129919-B952-4F22-BE45-FB59F9FA1CC6.jpeg

085E8146-5480-43C6-9400-A6D62EF32FBA.jpeg

The table spoon looks like the Lynwood aka Memory pattern made in 1934. It is in the normal poor condition of plate tableware buried in the ground a long time.

I went to a ball field I haven’t been to in about 5 years. It’s not used a lot these days, but I have found civil war bullets and silver jewelry so I was hopeful. I covered the high traffic areas and did a little in areas not covered before. I dug all the high tones and most of the mid tones the CZ21 gave me and in 5 hours I found 84 coins with a face value of $4.93, 2 whatzits, a cheapie C pendant, a Pepsi game tab, a copper jacket bullet and the usual tabs, foil, cans slaw etc.

1EB9B645-131F-4B1C-8F9F-72493AACA825.jpeg

The first whatzit looks like the leg from something. It has a nice design at the base and is made from a pewter like metal (not sure exactly what metal). The second one is brass and looks like a window latch, but is too big and I’m not sure how it would fasten.

09D5A42B-0D19-4C96-9D40-43C597D7BC9D.jpeg

CFC17DC8-03E8-4DA2-9B56-0C053520FADA.jpeg

I went back to campus hoping for more goodies. Spent 5 hours swingin and found 35 coins with a face value of $1.97, an older style ear piece, a game tab, a mashed lead ball (probably a fishing weight), a bullet, a cheapie clip on earring, a few tabs and junk.

7A0319B5-2B74-4054-97F3-6AB0E04D0187.jpeg

The bullet has a deep dome base and you can see three faint rings. It looks a lot like a minie ball that was forced into a barrel that was too small. The shape of the tip could be from the ramrod. I’m not sure if it is or is not a truly a minie. The rings are spaced oddly and it measures close to .58 caliber (it is out of round so the measurements vary as you turn it. .58 minies measure more like .57)

C3D57F87-8F26-4939-A27D-2A084A102189.jpeg

5DFACAA3-9F94-4B2A-B4A7-31D01455905E.jpeg

The last picture is 2 earrings I saw as I was walking with my wife and coins from a stop at the coinstar machine. Treasure is everywhere so keep your eyes open.

3A91074C-A256-40B2-A99F-210D5D22C383.jpeg

Not a great week, but not a bad one either. I was going to go out today, but it’s snowing again and the temps are going to get into the single digits tonight. I hope spring gets here soon. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• F8CACB2F-4B02-40E8-822B-7831129610C0.jpeg
    F8CACB2F-4B02-40E8-822B-7831129610C0.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the hunts, and getting a bit of silver.
The ring is a different looking one for sure-could be a spun bowl ruby.
That ear bling is a ridiculous size, and fake looking really. :)
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 4.50.01 PM.png

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s back to the cold weather after my trip to Florida, but I think some of the warm followed me. I went out to one of the schools and it was 32, but quickly warmed up into the 50s so a good day to swing the detector.

I was using my old faithful CZ21 and in 6 hours I found 167 coins with a face value of $14.06 (nickel and dime heavy), the back half of the elephant Pin I found a while ago, a modern button, 2 matching keys 3 feet apart, marine corp ring, a 1964 D Rosie, a fashion ring, a little slaw and foil and lots of tabs.

View attachment 2015184

The marine corp ring is still available for purchase with a simulated stone. This one was down deep and is an older style. The ring is brass with gold plating that is coming off all over the ring. The stone tests as a real ruby, it may be lab created, but it is still a ruby. The newer rings have 1945 under the Iwo Jima picture. This one has USMC in that place. Not a great find, but certainly an unusual one.

View attachment 2015183
View attachment 2015181 View attachment 2015182

I went back to the civil war bullet school and detected for 5.5 hours. I found 92 coins with a face value of $4.88, a table spoon (GENESEE SILVER PLATE), a glass door knob, an aluminum B, 2 large keys, a CW bullet, a silver disc, a monopoly game tab and the usual pile of miscellaneous metal.

View attachment 2015185

The bullet is another Williams Type III. When I found the silver disc I was pretty sure it was silver right off. I noticed the weld mark in the center and thought it might be a tiny silver flat button. When I cleaned it I could see it was marked STERLING and it had the initials SSJ on the front. It is scratched up rather badly and looks like it has been run over a number of times. It may have been thrown up in that area by the snow plow after it was run over as it was close to the parking area.

View attachment 2015186

View attachment 2015188
View attachment 2015187

The table spoon looks like the Lynwood aka Memory pattern made in 1934. It is in the normal poor condition of plate tableware buried in the ground a long time.

I went to a ball field I haven’t been to in about 5 years. It’s not used a lot these days, but I have found civil war bullets and silver jewelry so I was hopeful. I covered the high traffic areas and did a little in areas not covered before. I dug all the high tones and most of the mid tones the CZ21 gave me and in 5 hours I found 84 coins with a face value of $4.93, 2 whatzits, a cheapie C pendant, a Pepsi game tab, a copper jacket bullet and the usual tabs, foil, cans slaw etc.

View attachment 2015189

The first whatzit looks like the leg from something. It has a nice design at the base and is made from a pewter like metal (not sure exactly what metal). The second one is brass and looks like a window latch, but is too big and I’m not sure how it would fasten.

View attachment 2015191

View attachment 2015192

I went back to campus hoping for more goodies. Spent 5 hours swingin and found 35 coins with a face value of $1.97, an older style ear piece, a game tab, a mashed lead ball (probably a fishing weight), a bullet, a cheapie clip on earring, a few tabs and junk.

View attachment 2015193

The bullet has a deep dome base and you can see three faint rings. It looks a lot like a minie ball that was forced into a barrel that was too small. The shape of the tip could be from the ramrod. I’m not sure if it is or is not a truly a minie. The rings are spaced oddly and it measures close to .58 caliber (it is out of round so the measurements vary as you turn it. .58 minies measure more like .57)

View attachment 2015194

View attachment 2015196

The last picture is 2 earrings I saw as I was walking with my wife and coins from a stop at the coinstar machine. Treasure is everywhere so keep your eyes open.

View attachment 2015195

Not a great week, but not a bad one either. I was going to go out today, but it’s snowing again and the temps are going to get into the single digits tonight. I hope spring gets here soon. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your window latch thing is for holding rope or I should say window blinds cord, the cams come together and hold the cord to keep the blinds open, to release you squeeze the two latches towards each other and the cord releases. But it is old I haven't seen anything like that since I was a kid. I have used that type of cam design to make tool holders they work great.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2015184

View attachment 2015183

View attachment 2015185

View attachment 2015186

View attachment 2015188
View attachment 2015187

View attachment 2015189

View attachment 2015191

View attachment 2015192

View attachment 2015193

View attachment 2015194

View attachment 2015196

View attachment 2015195

Tnt-hunter,
You have really been busy...a ton of clad, silver, rings etc and a coinstar find as well :)
Thanks for sharing đź‘Ť

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2015184

View attachment 2015183

View attachment 2015185

View attachment 2015186

View attachment 2015188
View attachment 2015187

View attachment 2015189

View attachment 2015191

View attachment 2015192

View attachment 2015193

View attachment 2015194

View attachment 2015196

View attachment 2015195

thats a good day of detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread