2 sites. Produced some buttons, harmonica and some other neat stuff.

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garret Carrot, Recently retired Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit up two different places yeaterday. One was on an 1800s map but could easily be 18th C. The property is on a large tract of land I have permission to that has at least 5 old home sites, possibly more. A friend knew where to find it and took me to it, about a 20 minute 4 wheeler ride.

AB82F702-7C96-41E4-B2CD-D5CD4EB7D5C2.jpg

Didn’t find much at site 1 yet but it did have a cellar hole that was already over grown. Will probably hit it this early spring or late fall when the copperheads aren’t out and the brush dies off. I don’t seem to find the good stuff until after a couple of trips.

8ABCC510-1961-4A29-BC33-3D618726C73C.jpeg

Found my first harmonica, at least the majority of the body. A harmonica reed and some nice rings (bronze or brass) appear to be bridal related. Will hit the site some more when I have time

Site 2 was back to the river. Found another spoon handle (extra coin silver plate on the handle)(prob 1830-1860s),lead suspender clip piece (i think), religious token, pocket watch piece, a great seal button (no back), some harmonica reeds, couple copper rings, and some more musket balls or cannister/case shot and buck shot. I don’t have a caliper to measure the size properly.

73E0A916-30D3-4E85-AB9C-7A55BF3FBB31.jpeg
379ADABC-C670-4343-AEE3-C7185019377F.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fire place & chimney is in such great condition, its almost worth building a house around it!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WVE, I believe you are onto a good site with more great relics to come. Beautiful area and nice saves and finds. Continued Success to you.

OP
OP
WVExplorer

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fire place & chimney is in such great condition, its almost worth building a house around it!

Yes I agree. I was amazed of how nice it was made.

OP
OP
WVExplorer

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WVE, I believe you are onto a good site with more great relics to come. Beautiful area and nice saves and finds. Continued Success to you.

Thanks devldog. I hope so.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If stuff like that is still turning up at a site you have a good chance to find some more good things. Signals like that are hard to pass up. If you're still getting them then there's still stuff there to find. Keep at it and be patient. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
WVExplorer

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If stuff like that is still turning up at a site you have a good chance to find some more good things. Signals like that are hard to pass up. If you're still getting them then there's still stuff there to find. Keep at it and be patient. :thumbsup:

I think so too. The harmonica was out by the old road, probably the entry way into the property. And the reed was within the house foundation. The rings were halfway between the house and cellar. To me those are sites where others would have checked so I agree...a good sign no one else has hit it. Thanks Evolution.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread