2009 Year in Review (or Why the E-Trac is awesome)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Nick.

I just wanted to congratulate you on a terrific year. :headbang:

Yeah, it's going to be hard to top your silver totals next year, but it is possible. I know. Three years ago, I had a 650+ silver year, followed by a 365 silver year. Last year, before I became ill, I was on pace for a 500+ silver year thanks to a highly productive park I hunted in April/May. I haven't been able to swing a detector since then. Not sure when I'll be able to swing again this year with all the pain and fatigue I've got right now. At least I'll be online more now and looking forward to what others are finding out there.

Congrats again on your year. It's a lot of work to amass totals like yours, but it's so rewarding to find those oldies others have left behind. :icon_thumleft:

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Nick A

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Dan, Sorry to hear you haven't been able to detect, but glad you're back online. :icon_thumleft: You've definitely been missed here! Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you'll be able to get out this year and make some finds at that productive park you discovered!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Haha you found a capped bust coin but not a seated? You would think out of 299 silver coins one would be seated. Oh well, I'm sure you will find one in 2010. Great year!

OP
OP
Nick A

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
washingtonian said:
Haha you found a capped bust coin but not a seated? You would think out of 299 silver coins one would be seated. Oh well, I'm sure you will find one in 2010. Great year!

Yep, still no seated! I did well with older coins this year, the 1833 dime, the 1820 and 1844 large cents were all firsts for me last year. Hopefully 2010, my 20th year detecting will bring my first seated coin. Wouldn't it be a blast if it were a 20 cent piece to celebrate 20 years detecting?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on your finds!! The the E-Trac is awsome

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see them all together. Have enjoyed watching your journey and hunts this last year.
Have a great 2010 and look forward to seeing your finds. Have fun.
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions