Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a rookie year end post.
Just for comparrison, it took me a few years to finally get a complete silver spoon, and I have yet to get a complete shoe buckle.
Yep, a lot of nice stuff there.

Good luck out there when the ground resoftens.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a rookie year end post.
Just for comparrison, it took me a few years to finally get a complete silver spoon, and I have yet to get a complete shoe buckle.
Yep, a lot of nice stuff there.

Good luck out there when the ground resoftens.

Thanks buddy. It's def surprising how these shoe buckles seem to jump out of the ground for me. I think it has a lot to do with hunting the edges of historic river banks. It was prob rough going out there and maybe that's got something to go with it. It's been an incredible first year and to top it off with a Mass silver was incredible. I'm excited about this season and ready for the research. It's -28 wind chill this morning and -45 where I grew up. The older I get the more I hate the cold.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice post Abe. You had a really good year, and found some killer relics and coins. I look forward to seeing your finds moving forward into 2015. Thanks and congrats!

Thanks CT. Hope you kill it in 2015

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quality over quantity. Great finds Abe, you have a knack of finding very detailed strong struck coins, besides the knack of almost killing yourself looking for them. Have a safe and productive 2015!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quality over quantity. Great finds Abe, you have a knack of finding very detailed strong struck coins, besides the knack of almost killing yourself looking for them. Have a safe and productive 2015!

Trust me I've fit a huge stack of toasted coppers as well lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man abe it's tough to pick my favorite from your pics, those shoe buckles are just about as sweet as it gets and what's that ugly coin w a tree on it?, I think it's dated 1652 or something:icon_scratch: lol!!

You tore it up this year! Congrats brother

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A really great bunch of finds! I can only dream! Thanks for sharing them with us! GL&HH this year!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in the process of making a video on what to do with all the toasted coppers..Your gonna love it!!

~Blaze~
Sounds good brother! I got a huge stack of those suckers. Prob all chain cents lol. It breaks my hurt a little bit every time I dig a copper that I can't id. I always wonder if I've ever dug something special and will never know. Thank god for silver ay bro!!!!!!!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds Abe, you had an amazing year buddy! :occasion14:
Love the collection of buckles and all those early US silvers.

I've got cabin fever big time up here, I heard they're getting another storm in Maine today too!

Take care,
Dave

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds Abe, you had an amazing year buddy! :occasion14:
Love the collection of buckles and all those early US silvers.

I've got cabin fever big time up here, I heard they're getting another storm in Maine today too!

Take care,
Dave

Thanks Dave. It was a hell of a year for both of us. This weather sucks but I've been researching like crazy. I refuse to leave my house when it's -20 so I've had plenty of research days. Nice to work for myself. Hope this year is even better for us buddy. I'm really chomping at the bit here. But it's gonna be awhile. If it warms up quickly we will have terrible floods here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread