Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
2014 is over for me, have a sick friend that needs help and with the Holidays, time is at end
It's been a real Blessed Treasure Hunting Year, My first year of living like a Pirate
Have a few trips planned next year, Hope to meet a few new faces..and I'm Ready
for another summer at the OCEAN!!................:headbang:

Year end totals, 25 Gold, 3 Platinum, 2 returns Rings
Pictures less the 2 returns, 192 Grams (6.77oz) Gold n Plat

ment.jpg attachment.jpg

55 Silver coins ..................................................24 Silver Rings
OBN0001 (2).jpg xx.jpg

Everything is from Maryland Waters except the big

Chicago Pig..31 grams 10k ...........................

OBN0003.jpg

Then the Diamonds from Maryland Waters, And my Best FOLT..

2 Carat Platinum replacement valued 23 to 27 grand

OBN0002.jpg

Hopefully 2015 will be as good... Be Safe and Good Luck to all..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS!!!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a few years like that! :BangHead: :BangHead::thumbsup: :BangHead:You did very well OBN! VERY WELL!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OMG that's amazing. Please don't come to Miami LOL

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful pile of gold...some incredible dream finds...that's the stuff we all dream about...congrats and good luck in the coming year.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im giving a BANNER vote for the quality and amount of those finds.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, congrats ! i can only wish my CZ did that for me.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Scoop...Thank You Sir..I see you are beginning a New Adventure, Best for you in 2015 .. !!

PA Dirtfisher...Thank you and hope you have a Great 2015 also..!!

JBC465..Yes a very good Year, 2013 was 12 Gold, 2012 2 Gold, 2011 26 Gold, 2010 28 Gold, 2009...25, 2008 my first year was 15..
One thing, the more I detected the more I found, Sick in 2012 so you can see the differences..

s1u2r3f4..I detect two areas, the Chesapeake Bay and Ocean City Maryland, The Bay comes from sand movement, working the low spots that changes often with winds, storms.
These beach's have not been detected for years since they are all now closed. And most only can be hunted by water since they are private. That's were all of the silver
coins come from and I think about 8 Gold rings.
Then the ocean I hunt at the peak season, from June to Septs end. Water was cold till Late July so It really looked bleak going into the summer season, but Aug to about sept 15th
really saved the year with fresh drops, most were found on the slopes and at the base of the slopes. Right where the water breaks is were the two chains were found, both weight
in around 25 grams each, which can really add to the weight. Water is really ruff in OC and hunting can be very dangerous if you get out in the ruff, at one time before the beach
replenishment you could find older gold, and hundreds of green coins a day, but they killed that last winter. It will take several years for that gold to return, if it ever does at all. We are starting to find a few green
coins but they are rare .... 8 months after the replenishment..

Sponge..Thanks Buddy, You have a Great Holiday and get out there and dig us some gold!!

LIR..Thanks LIR, I'm not sure if I was born for this but I sure love the color Yellow...Calms me down

Eccentricin Texas..Thank You

Sonny .. Thanks Sonny, those were the good old days, I missed. Best to you my friend

MIamiFox..Too late, I was there for a few years .. but never detected...Kick myself in the butt now!! South Beach, Daughter had a place there for 6 years during the 90's,
now she is Chicago, And I have a machine there with a scoop for when I do visit... Hence the Big ring...my first visit..
South Beach, Alton road, Miami Yacht club, I do remember the mixed drinks were 18.oo each and this has been several years ago.. No cheap dates their, Ouch!

Thanks Lookindown....No Banner needed, they real treasure is Just being able to get out, Best to you my friend and Hope you and the Family have a safe and Happy Holidays.

SouthFloridaDigger.... Thank You, The time will come when It will. I just have some good hunting grounds, which the CZ21 would have found all also. Best of Luck to you in 2015...Be Safe Joe

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I salute you. Absolutely awesome collection! It shows that it can be done. I wish you continued success in 2015. Bravo.

FragFox

Dec 21, 2014
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I need to move near a beach! LOL. Great year and thanks for posting. Just starting out I would be happy with finding any one of those items!

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh ok OBN, saw in your discription BlueViper, there's a PI unit with that name and with the chains thought u had switched on us.
Its hard for an excel to pickup chains, though I can see those chains have right good size links, what they sound like to u, were they bunched up of laying flat?
Which coil were you using, chains are absolutely my worse enemy at finding, unless I can hit the clasp or they have a medallion on them. Found a lot of chains with medallions, one even had a heart shaped pendent with a diamond in its center, but normal chains, zip nada, and that's using all metal.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
PlacerGold..Thank You, and Hope we all have a better 2015!

FragFox....Good Luck and just do the time and it will happen!

TheSleeper....Coming 2015 I'll will be using the DF, and LS more, being able to carry them on the boat and have them ready in those deep areas, and that will be for the Bay only. On the chains, one had a medallion and the other was big enough that I could have hit it with a ACE 250. The real killer on chains is the Garrett AT Pro, I have a friend that kills the little stuff..and I miss it all the time, excal is bad, even in PP..

The chains pictured were a ragged tone if I remember correct...none were balled up, and I nailed the little chain because of the small charm, when I dug it was hanging on the holes of the Diablo scoop.

Going to be a interesting 2015..

2014, there were many first, I learned a lot. Now to take what I learned and maintain or hopefully better. Be Safe

Happy Holidays to all.....

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely awesome! I wanted to mention that you and any of the other folks who regularly post their water finds and discussions about water hunting are directly responsible for me being able to continue to enjoy this wonderful hobby and not be physically shut down and bed ridden. I've metal detected for close to forty years but over the last ten years I've had five back surgeries and have been stricken with severe psoriatic arthritis. About three years ago I started reading all the posts to this site and topics regarding water hunting. I had to pretty much stop hunting on land but I got a good water detector and scoop and started hitting the swimming lake not far from my house. If you or anyone who frequents this site posted any information regarding water hunting I would take that information and apply it to my hunting. I started finding jewelry and scooping up items other people were leaving behind. Most of all I started getting more exercise and therapy by being in the water. So, long story short if I hadn't have found all you folks on this site and hit the water and applied what I learned from everyone, I would surely be bed ridden. For that, I am truly grateful and consider it some of the best treasure I've ever found. I thank you and everyone who has posted to this site and wish you an awesome 2015.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your haul! What a successful year! It is post's like this that super encourages me to get out there and keep hitting it. Way to go my friend!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, OBN. You earned it and the platinum ring is the star of all that beautiful jewelry. Of course, now you have to quit taking so many breaks and really get after it in 2015. lol....

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fongu, Thanks Buddy..I would be out everyday if I could....It has done wonders for my health and I do use it as a good excuse...

Sleepy..Thank You and Glad all of us can help. I do know it helps me from time to time just to gaze at all the treasures posted,
just knowing the possibilities gets my mind in the "I Have to Get Out" Mode

Max...There is plenty for both of Us in the Northern Terra... Keep your eyes pealed, I'll be raiding the Lower Chesae Bay this Spring..

Urban Prospector... Thank You Sir! And you got it, that is the secret...Putting yourself in the Highest Probability places, and Keep Hitting it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread