OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that turned out to be pretty good. It had two reverse enders showing, so I was pretty excited. It gave up a total of 11 keepers, four 90%ers and seven 40%ers:

1917 Walker
1941 Walker
1945 Walker
1953 Ben
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1968D x 2

one.jpg

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score! Don't see too many old Walkers :)

My pickups limited me to 1 box per week so I said to heck with it. I'd rather not bother them. Still on the sidelines for the foreseeable future.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Don't see too many old Walkers :)

My pickups limited me to 1 box per week so I said to heck with it. I'd rather not bother them. Still on the sidelines for the foreseeable future.

I've just started picking up two boxes per week. For most of this year I was limited to just one box of halves per week.

So far this year, I've only picked up 54 boxes of halves and 18 boxes of dimes. In the past, I'd be over 120 boxes of halves by now. I was able to pick up more boxes of halves by this time last year and I didn't even hunt for two whole months of the pandemic.

I've only found a measly 25 ozt. so far this year, if that :BangHead:

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves on my lunch break yesterday, didn't get around to searching it until late last night. It turned out to be a pretty good one...

The box gave up twelve keepers, one 90%er and eleven 40%ers:

1967 x 5
1968D x 5
1969D

one.jpg

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for my year-end tally...

This has been such a weird year. There were only four weeks total that I didn't do any hunting, as opposed to 2020 where I didn't hunt anything at all for fourteen weeks. However, I was only able to pick up 65 total boxes of halves + $7,714.50 in CWR and loose halves. This is only two boxes more than last year, but over $2,000 more in CWR and loose halves than last year.

I managed to scrounge up $75 in Ikes to search and snagged one lone silver quarter from a teller tray.

I was only able to pick up a total of 18 boxes of dimes + $850 in CWR and loose dimes. Found barely any silver in those.

The volume that I had searched was on par with last year, but I had found a drastically lower amount of silver this time around. Not exactly sure what accounts for that, but I did mark some coins and I was finding those marks within a month's turn-around and sometimes within a couple of weeks' time. So I assume that my dumps were being re-wrapped and put back out into circulation pretty quickly.

Anyway...

Total take for the year: 30.92 ozt.

And the few highlights from this year:

Good luck and happy hunting in 2022!

8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread