OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I wrote this on Saturday night- but if you weren't there..why not?
Special thanks to PetesPockets55 - Cliff for stepping up for obtaining one of the most important things at any gathering of treasure hunters and finders.... the Portalets!!
Well...the 13th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout is in the books and Monday we can start planning for the 14th, but tomorrow is a day off so we can think about how good the 13th was.
Not everything went as planned, but the rain held off and the folks held on and a good time was had by all.
I would like to thank my RHM, Tom DuPont, who made it possible for me (he and I) to get the new smoker assembled as well as getting the ribs prepped and cooked and served to all of the folks. Tom will be running Showdown this year and I expect great things from him and his crew.
I want to thank John and Deb Redman for letting me help them with this event. I really enjoy the opportunity to see everyone each year over the end of a pointy sharp knife and a tray of ribs. I enjoy seeing everyone very, very much.
I want to thank all of the people who attended this year and all the years before to keep this tradition going. If you didn't get there and want to next year, I suggest making your plans now and prioritizing this very very social event.
NEXT year....next year is going to be the best one yet, so get your ducks all in a row, cancel the tickets to that show, tell yourself that you're going to go, give your grass just one more mow and save some bucks and come to say hello.
THANKS AGAIN to all y'all for coming!!
Make the next 365 days spectacular so you have something awesome for show and tell!!!
Photo stolen while still warm from Jim Wilson Photography...The Official Photographer of the Cookout and Search & Salvage!!!
THIS LINK IS TO JIM'S ONE DRIVE ALBUM WITH !$$ Pictures.
May be an image of one or more people and crowd
IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0986.jpg IMG_0993.jpg IMG_0998.jpg IMG_1629.jpg IMG_1630.jpg IMG_1637.jpg IMG_1641.jpg IMG_1643.jpg IMG_1647.jpg IMG_1648.jpg IMG_1649.jpg IMG_1650.jpg IMG_1652.jpg IMG_1660.jpg IMG_1668.jpg IMG_1673.jpg IMG_1676.jpg IMG_1697.jpg IMG_1699.jpg IMG_1701.jpg IMG_1702.jpg IMG_1703.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpg
    IMG_1729.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1725-2.jpg
    IMG_1725-2.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1751-2.jpg
    IMG_1751-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for spearheading this again with John.
Without you two at the helm, the tradition would be floundering.

(I wish I had the drive had the energy you two possess.)

Edited to add that it looks like there were 150 souls (of which, two had feathers).

Last edited:

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New to the community here, sad Im a couple months late seeing this. I live in coastal SC, but make the drive to hunt the treasure coast a couple times a year. Ill be there next year for sure, looks like I missed a heck of a good time

ivansalis

Aug 9, 2023
It's true! We are going to do it again!!!
Who!?! - Aquanut (John Redman), you, me and 500 of our closest friends and acquaintances.
What!?! - The 13th Pretty Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout and Reunion
When?! - Somewhere around noon on April 29th, 2023
Where!?! -
Pennwood Motor Lodge, Sebastian, FL.
Address: 9295 US-1, Sebastian, FL 32958
Phone: (772) 594-9879
How!?!
By bus or by plane
by car or by train
by bike or by truck
We don't really give much of a puck
Just get off your couch
put your stuff in a pouch
Get to Wabasso by then
and see all your friends
Some may be new, some may be old
but there will be many treasure stories told
Some may be lies, some may be true
but some new stories may happen to you!
--------------------------------------
Bring a covered side, dessert dish or a cooler with drinks if you like - we'll be serving ribs, burgers and hot dogs.
Lunch is free, but monetary donations to defray expenses would be appreciated.
There will be some vendors booths, a charity auction as well as several authors with books for sale.

328339608_1245646479704974_6142187105249251925_n.jpg
Sorry I missed this year been very I’ll — had Charcot foot disease so the had to cut my leg off below the knee — in the process of healing and getting a fake leg -/ eglrg salis it is msteys

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I missed this year been very I’ll — had Charcot foot disease so the had to cut my leg off below the knee — in the process of healing and getting a fake leg -/ eglrg salis it is msteys
Ivan, if you send me a pm and tell me your old email address you used to register to verify it is you I can reset your pass word on your old account.

Very sorry to hear about the health problems.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just saw this Ivan. You are now in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread