May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD & Me...

Had a plan, and it was a good one, but it didn't work out so we went free-styling.

The first spot we went Dave got find of the day with a scarce Dime. I guess that is where I got the token too.
Next place was trash on trash with mostly no good signals, was about to say "NEXT" when I popped out an indian head cent, 1889, coincidence...I found one yesterday solo hunt, with the same date. No big deal for many, but I'm not in the US, and only get a couple / few of these per year.

Anyway ended up with,

DINKY wheelbarrow (cool but a little broke)
2 CAN. cents
1816 Brock hp token
1889 IH cent
tiny ball button.

Was a great day in the out-of-doors, above ground, and digging in it.
Last pic is what the token should like. believe it or not this is better than one other I have like it.

Attachments

• find14-18-1.JPG
    find14-18-1.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 238
  • find14-18-2.JPG
    find14-18-2.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 116
  • find14-18-3.JPG
    find14-18-3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 231
  • find14-18-6.JPG
    find14-18-6.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 1816-brock.jpg
    1816-brock.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds, Rick! I hope some of your luck rubbed off onto that ATP you sold me! ;-D

DW, luck is def. a part of it I won't deny, but you also need to dig holes, have you been doing that ? Luck is getting over a good target, digging lots of holes increases the odds of doing just that. As I've said before dig enough holes something good will be in one of them.

Post your finds good or bad, let us know how your doing.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I spotted the 1911 Canada large cent in the picture but what year is the Victoria one? :)

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe an 1888.

Last edited:

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IH's are great fun to find, even more so when they are a long way from home. I was lucky enough to find four of them in my own yard but i live in the states so, not uncommon..heh. As always, great finds Rick.:thumbsup:

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bud. For some reason most of the ih's I find seem to clean up pretty well, as opposed to a large cent. I found one recently that was completely encased in crust and sure enough there was a nice looking coin under there

Yep I found a couple earlier this summer and they cleaned up pretty nice after a few cleanings and polishing in my tumbler.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rick. You are really tearing it up lately! Maybe another Spanish silver awaiting.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rick. You are really tearing it up lately! Maybe another Spanish silver awaiting.

Thanks. Call me hopelessly optimistic, but I fully intend to find another Spanish silver this year. If I don't...then say la vive.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DW, luck is def. a part of it I won't deny, but you also need to dig holes, have you been doing that ? Luck is getting over a good target, digging lots of holes increases the odds of doing just that. As I've said before dig enough holes something good will be in one of them.

Post your finds good or bad, let us know how your doing.

Haven't been able to get out yet but real soon. Maybe tomorrow (Sunday) if it isn't raining.... wouldn't want to get my nice new MD all wet!

Kidding!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I don't find many IH cents either. This year I think I have found only one, and I've only found three Canadian large cents in five years detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread