2nd Ring found! Also a couple things I need help identifying.

expl0rer

Oct 22, 2016
Orange County
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had about 1.5 hours but found a tungsten carbide ring, a few coins and a couple interesting unidentified object. Anybody have any ideas? Most likely junk but i'm still curious haha! Thanks!

IMG_8999.JPG

It feels like tin but it has some kind of pattern on it. Was probably a box at one point and also has the words silver and nickel on it. Maybe some kind of kids toy?

IMG_9006.JPG IMG_9007.JPG IMG_9008.JPG

The other looks like a bullet shooting through metal (even though I don't think that's what it is)

IMG_9002.JPG IMG_9003.JPG

Tungsten ring

IMG_9004.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9001.JPG
    IMG_9001.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9009.JPG
    IMG_9009.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 12

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one piece looks like a slug with torn metal.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The larger piece looks like it may be a butane lighter cover made of nickel silver - which as i understand it, has no silver (like"german silver").

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
razor blade case?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The larger piece looks like it may be a butane lighter cover made of nickel silver - which as i understand it, has no silver (like"german silver").
You are correct! Nickel Silver contains Zero silver. I like the lighter cover idea as well.

swimmer

Oct 13, 2004
St Helens OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I used to live in Orange county (Mission Viejo). Find "Jornada Park" and detect the big hill. People come there with ice blocks and slide down..You'll find rings galore. I took over 50 rings from that hill and haven't been back in over 10 years...now live in Oregon. Good luck & let me know how you make out.

OP
OP
E

expl0rer

Oct 22, 2016
Orange County
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I used to live in Orange county (Mission Viejo). Find "Jornada Park" and detect the big hill. People come there with ice blocks and slide down..You'll find rings galore. I took over 50 rings from that hill and haven't been back in over 10 years...now live in Oregon. Good luck & let me know how you make out.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not from the area so it's really helpful to get some tips from those that are. I really appreciate the advice!

swimmer

Oct 13, 2004
St Helens OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I just revisited my comment and then tried to find Jornada park in Mission Viejo online.....it is EL DORADO PARK !! Sorry about that, it's been ten years! Google El Dorado Park and you'll actually find pictures of the hill I'm talking about. It's worth the trip there.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The big triangular piece looks like a plum bob

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you start finding rings the good ones will appear (as long as you stay at it & keep diggin').
I got my 1st one of the year Monday night but it's a junker. But that's just fine because I'm one more step closer to the next gold or silver one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread