3 reasons why not to buy a AT PRO....

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im here for the comments haha

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breath...It's not about whose machine is better than another. It's about going out and having fun.

I'm going to bed early and going to the beach with my (not Equinox and not AT Pro) tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just poking the bear smokey..

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks but I'll keep using my AT Pro...……...

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info here,, dont deprive your self because of pride, ull still find good stuff with a Garrett but youll find more good stuff with a NOX... I keep my Garrett for back up..:headbang:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the alarm set for 4:30 to get to the park early. If you poke my Smoke cat, the 28 pound Russian Blue, he'll bite you. Repeatedly.

When we went to the vets last time, the beast stayed in his carrier, the vet threaded the stethoscope down through the top and had it rest against him. That was his exam! He is one bad arse cat and if you poke him, you are toast!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toecutter, it doesn't make any real difference what machines we use. If we get the coil over the target, hear it and dig it, we win!

My $329 machine found my $5k gold coin. My old junk White's that was 20 years old at the time found my first pristine US Cartridge box plate on a wet salt water beach. The guys with the Tesoros were getting 6 relics to my one, but I got the best.

Dig it all.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My backup is still the $329 Tesoro Cibola, but the Deus has never broken. It's coming up on 3 years old now. That Cibola hammers the red Virginia dirt, hits very hard.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toecutter, it doesn't make any real difference what machines we use. If we get the coil over the target, hear it and dig it, we win!

My $329 machine found my $5k gold coin. My old junk White's that was 20 years old at the time found my first pristine US Cartridge box plate on a wet salt water beach. The guys with the Tesoros were getting 6 relics to my one, but I got the best.

Dig it all.

I agree 100%, but if your coil cant pick it up then you miss out, but if your coil can then you get "more good stuff", I own both of those machines in the video I'm a true believer in the difference, eventually Ill get one of those hot rod Deus machines, but im a electronic engineer and enjoy learning the machines...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm in a target rich area, I just dig the whole place up and sift it! For real! 99.9% of the time nothing really great was hiding, the machines picked them up, but the CW bone buttons and porcelain buttons were a plus.

Depth has never been an issue, except in the red Virginia hot ground, where the gold lives!

Lately I've been doing house fix ups, and coin roll hunting. Last time I went to my best spot I saw a couple minie balls on the top of the ground. I just left them for my buddies to find when they come up again. I have enough. Like hundreds.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure an AT user would be able to school you if you need some lessons and it sounds like you do...

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most places Iv bin hitting are old public parks, iv sifted under the grand stands once...

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother in law hunts with a fisher 1236x2 thats 20 years old. He can do some amazing things with that machine. When he hits a target, he sweeps it while turning the discrimination dial and by where the target fades out he can most of the time tell you what it is before he digs it. He bought an f75 a couple of years ago and sold it because he just liked his old machine better. People are going to use the machines they prefer whether it be because of price, features, or familiarity and that's great. Having said that though, technology does progress and it looks to me like calabash is doing real world tests and not just air testing a bunch of machines. Who knows, Garrett's next generation machine might blow the rest of em out of the water and calabash will be doing videos telling you why you need to junk everything else and get one

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, angels and ministers of grace deliver us from air tests!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can believe this! I dont have a love affair with any brand and let someone bring a new machine to market that trumps the Deus and Equinox and I will be the first to have it.....Those guys posting above about the garrets are oblivious to whats going on and I bet have NEVER put them up against another detector.

Sites are number 1 but machines are very important too...Let a guy go to a iron loaded site with a subpar detector and let a skilled detectorist come in there with a GREAT performing detector. Someone is gonna be singing the blues...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I'm just so tired of all the targets I find with the pro, I don't think I could stand it....:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three guys I normally hunt with ditched their other machines and bought what I have now. I'm doomed!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If what you swing doesnt matter why are you worried?:laughing9: