pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I'd try a less trashy spot today, but still near where I recently found gold and silver rings, and a bit of clad. Took my Outlaw, and instead of using my favorite "trash coils", the 5.75 or 8", I put on my previously untested 11x8 Widescan (I'd only used the 11x8 in 4-pin before).

Since I was away from the heavily trashed areas, I decided to set up for best depth, running negative on the GB and sensitivity near max... AND in all-metal, instead of disc. I figured the with the Widescan, I'd have to dig some iron anyway (nails and bottlecaps), so might as well just put up with it..

Success!

My first Walking lady, a '43D, two silver Rosies, one wheat cent and a '40 Jefferson.. (plus a little clad and some trash..)

Think I finally found a good spot; I'm sure there's more to come.. :sunny:

IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it all baby.....

(In Austin Power's voice)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, and I can hear Austin Powers' voice in my head now. All I go today was a snake. Scared it real good.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinenut, congratulations. That is totally out there in center field.
Double wow wow
When I find my first silver coin, I'm going blast off.

Did the silver lady have a different sound than normal , like on a clad quarter?

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, everyone!

Pinenut, congratulations. That is totally out there in center field.
Double wow wow
When I find my first silver coin, I'm going blast off.

Did the silver lady have a different sound than normal , like on a clad quarter?

Vern, it just sounded compact, solid and smooth, saying "dig me". Definitely louder than a dime or cent, but no overload like a squished can.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinenut, sorry to bug you, but I was wondering approx how many inches down were the silver coins?

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no problem, Vern..

Pinenut, sorry to bug you, but I was wondering approx how many inches down were the silver coins?

The dimes were about 7-8" and the half only about 5-6". The 1/2 was in the side of what was probably an old sled run, the dimes on top of the mountain in composted pine needles. Looked like people had probably camped there years ago.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outlaws always get what they want.

IMG_3110.JPG

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of finds! Hang on to that 10.5 inch concentric search coil, because mine would hit 9+inch dimes in my soil when used on my Outlaw.

tabman

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man Pinenut, that beauitiful walking lady sure gets prettier and prettier. Can't help but stare, not lusting for her, but for what it is. Never lusted for a coin before.
The other three are also mesmerizing. Oh Lord, maybe I need counseling, beginning to lust.........help.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
she is a beauty..

Man Pinenut, that beauitiful walking lady sure gets prettier and prettier. Can't help but stare, not lusting for her, but for what it is. Never lusted for a coin before.
The other three are also mesmerizing. Oh Lord, maybe I need counseling, beginning to lust.........help.

Too bad our government can't mint coins with the style, beauty and quality they used to. I lusted for those Walking Liberty's myself. I still have a well worn one my grandpa gave me, 40 years ago. Finally found one! She's the first ½ dollar coin I've found, and a silver beauty.

Makes me sad to see what crap our modern coins are, when I look at a handful of half eaten zincs..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice silver finds!:occasion14:

IMHO: What I like most about my Tesoro machines is they give me a reason to dig and do not try to talk me out of digging...finds always increase if you dig!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread