SAnVA

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2021
Craig County , Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U-Max, and just ordered a new Tesoro Tejon today, 2/16/21
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
115492E1-A96C-48F3-94D4-A17DBF243FA7.jpeg I got out for a little while today with my new Tejon, detected an early homesite in the mountains that I’ve covered several times before with my old detector. Pulled these 3 little buttons out, 2 smaller ones are back marked rich color, bigger one I suppose is pewter maybe, I don’t know my buttons , any help is greatly appreciated, any idea of date?? 41820B55-463E-4E9E-B793-286F6E97E9C8.jpeg

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1905678 I got out for a little while today with my new Tejon, detected an early homesite in the mountains that I’ve covered several times before with my old detector. Pulled these 3 little buttons out, 2 smaller ones are back marked rich color, bigger one I suppose is pewter maybe, I don’t know my buttons , any help is greatly appreciated, any idea of date?? View attachment 1905676

I wish I could say more than “great job” but that’s about all I got for you. That Tejon made me a believer. It takes a special sort of guy that uses that machine. Those are some beautiful buttons I hope somebody else can help you!!

CivilWarFan

May 3, 2016
American Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo and the Silver Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those small buttons could be possible Cherokee nation buttons due to their design. Could be some kind of sunburst design for one of the states

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the above. The ones with the stars look very, very familiar. Now if I could only remember where I saw them before. And since I have reference books and the net, the 7 pointed star design was used by the Cherokee Nation soldiers who fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. That said, the ones I saw had a double circle around the star, which these don't. They are very close, however. You probably get the cigar!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread