30 min woods hunt 3 items

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
I decided to take my cheap detector in my woods for a quick hunt. I got three items one being a small glass container which I think is an ink well,but not for sure. Also a large zinc piece that says Dexter Curtis Star Collar Pad no. 7. Which I think was patented in 1870 and a american eagle 16 gauge, thanks for looking I am trying to convince my wife to let me upgrade my detector from the one see bought me to minelab exterra 305.

ForumRunner_20140801_090356.png

ForumRunner_20140801_090431.png

ForumRunner_20140801_090113.png

ForumRunner_20140801_090150.png

ForumRunner_20140801_090219.png

Upvote 7

Dan

May 18, 2012
Yorktown Heights, NY
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.. cheap detectors work well too. Just as much digging as a "high end" detector if you want to find the good stuff.

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah I had done all my research on the one i wanted and then my wife lost her keys to the car and house in the snow so she went and got one. It did find the keys so i guess i cant complain thanks for looking

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's about all I do is woods hunt also. Looks like the American Eagle head stamp's company started in 1922 thru ?. Below is a link to date them.

Shotgun

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My suggestion would be to use the machine you have now for awhile and be sure you really enjoy the hobby. If after a period of time you are still having fun then consider purchasing a new machine. You can make great finds with the machine you have currently if you're willing to put in the time to do some research and find good places to hunt.

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
Oh i love the hobby I have had this for over a year. I have a bounty hunter quicksilver large objects it goes 2 feet but normal coins only goes 6 inches deep. I have researched the time out of minelab exterra 305 and that is the machine for me in my range. I dont have to look far for a good hunting place my house and property is 1888 and the town was established in 1824 Thanks for the info though

cs52182

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also bought a cheaper detector (BH tracker) last year. I have found quite a bit with it and now my wife is starting to get interested in detecting as well so i guess that gives me a reason to go buy myself a new one and give her the old one.

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
I wonder if that bottle could be a mucilage bottle.

I dont know apparently my property is all made of sand and my neighbors said they used to be a quicksand area. They all used to throw old bottles in there and watch them sink. When it rains alot i find different bottles like that bottle and this one

ForumRunner_20140802_094106.png

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A honest man! I like that! GREAT FINDS! I'm sure you got a good workout!

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
A honest man! I like that! GREAT FINDS! I'm sure you got a good workout!

Well thanks, and yes I did always fun to detect no matter what I find. Although with this detector apparently all old nails tend to be in my bag oh well getting rid of trash.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
damn right! I've spend 3 or more and ended up with Scrap, and a Square nail once, Good times.

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
i also bought a cheaper detector (BH tracker) last year. I have found quite a bit with it and now my wife is starting to get interested in detecting as well so i guess that gives me a reason to go buy myself a new one and give her the old one.

Hope it all works out for you with the wife mine wont go but says she lays claim to my first ring lol

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.. cheap detectors work well too. Just as much digging as a "high end" detector if you want to find the good stuff.

Ain't it the truth.
Sometimes you dig even more because you get more and deeper hits.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bounty hunter, and Compadre's are great starters and worth the money.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nothing wrong with the BH Tracker. I've found lots of great stuff with mine, silver coins, gold& silver jewelry and tons and tons of clad and misc. items. I love that thing. Cost me 30 bucks and paid for itself in the 1st 15 minutes of using it when I dug up a small 10K band.

OP
OP
INredneck

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
What does everybody do with their finds like wheats, relics, and nickles, I know to save silvers and what to do with clad just dont know what others do with their finds

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sell them on ebay =p but some special finds i keep for my own collection

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread