Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s almost time for the annual striper bass run up the east coast for spawning.One of their favorite destinations is the Hudson River where I got this one .The largest one I missed though hit the live herring and took my brand new rod and reel.
The other is a king salmon from the famous Salmon River.This species makes their annual run in the fall.If you ever go there the water levels can rise three or more feet without notice and many have drowned

Attachments

• E52FCCCF-B1DB-4F14-A830-C8B17C3E9948.jpeg
    E52FCCCF-B1DB-4F14-A830-C8B17C3E9948.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 36AEEB23-668E-438B-A0F5-3C9362A0EE55.jpeg
    36AEEB23-668E-438B-A0F5-3C9362A0EE55.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
It’s almost time for the annual striper bass run up the east coast for spawning.One of their favorite destinations is the Hudson River where I got this one .The largest one I missed though hit the live herring and took my brand new rod and reel.
The other is a king salmon from the famous Salmon River.This species makes their annual run in the fall.If you ever go there the water levels can rise three or more feet without notice and many have drowned
Good luck mate and as we say "tight lines".
Here's hoping you catch some thumpers!
Month or two now here is our season for Trout and Redfin. Fingers crossed the algae is gone by then. Checked my Euro Night crawler farm today and fed them today. All 3 trays are choka block full of fat fed worms. Got my soft plastics ready too. Love fishing with soft plastics.
Good luck 👍
Any other fishos here this is how I raise them.
I use coconut coir, good one that is certified by a worm place here gaurateed no salts or chemicals. The water I use I test for PH and make sure the coir is wet with it from PH nuetral water I adjust with fish tank PH neutraliser. I feed them on Organic oats, organic wholemeal flour and Polenta put into a Ninja food processor turning it into powder. Sprinkle it on top, wet it with a spray gun with PH nuetral water, then cover it with news paper. Feed when the food is gone and they start eating the news paper.
I cant keep up with them and give hundreds away or feed our Magpie birds that come around. The Euros are tough as, and so big I just put 1 on a hook.
They withstand our temperatures here into the high 30s c and into the 40s.
When it gets high 30s to 40s I just drape a wet towel over the trays and wet it a couple of times a day. Once in the morning and once at night.
Amazing worms. Now and then I dehydrate peas and corn and Ninja those too. They utterly demolish that mix.
Happy fishing guys. 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice fish Bill and best of luck on your upcoming trips! Stay safe my friend!
SD I fish from shore and the tide levels leave the rocks slippery.It’s a tough process first I have to reel in a lure that a live herring will follow then quickly net it then attach and send that one out and others will follow then net them.
The stripers will take a eight inch live herring so fast and now I learned to secure my pole
There used to be a major tournament with big big prizes here but now catch and size limits are in place to try to rebuild

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty fine looking fish you caught Bill.
Pepperj
Thank you ..it’s true the big ones always get away but I consider myself to be lucky to have these.
My friend is a great taxidermist and did a great job on them

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck mate and as we say "tight lines".
Here's hoping you catch some thumpers!
Month or two now here is our season for Trout and Redfin. Fingers crossed the algae is gone by then. Checked my Euro Night crawler farm today and fed them today. All 3 trays are choka block full of fat fed worms. Got my soft plastics ready too. Love fishing with soft plastics.
Good luck 👍
Any other fishos here this is how I raise them.
I use coconut coir, good one that is certified by a worm place here gaurateed no salts or chemicals. The water I use I test for PH and make sure the coir is wet with it from PH nuetral water I adjust with fish tank PH neutraliser. I feed them on Organic oats, organic wholemeal flour and Polenta put into a Ninja food processor turning it into powder. Sprinkle it on top, wet it with a spray gun with PH nuetral water, then cover it with news paper. Feed when the food is gone and they start eating the news paper.
I cant keep up with them and give hundreds away or feed our Magpie birds that come around. The Euros are tough as, and so big I just put 1 on a hook.
They withstand our temperatures here into the high 30s c and into the 40s.
When it gets high 30s to 40s I just drape a wet towel over the trays and wet it a couple of times a day. Once in the morning and once at night.
Amazing worms. Now and then I dehydrate peas and corn and Ninja those too. They utterly demolish that mix.
Happy fishing guys. 👍
Chilli
G day mate
Good luck trout fishing and hope to hear that you catch a trophy
We always used to put coffee grounds over the worms also

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bill!! Nowadays we can no longer keep the 30 pounders. I've chased the stripers in the river and in MA for fifty years and it always made me nuts that NY state allowed the taking of big egg laden stripers in the Hudson in the spring spawn. I hate not being able to keep big ones but we need to let the stocks replenish.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bill!! Nowadays we can no longer keep the 30 pounders. I've chased the stripers in the river and in MA for fifty years and it always made me nuts that NY state allowed the taking of big egg laden stripers in the Hudson in the spring spawn. I hate not being able to keep big ones but we need to let the stocks replenish.
Yes hope the strict regulations will help them replenish over here and also hear that warm water temperatures where they spend their Winter is having a effect on them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread