πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION $300 bucks saved -- car key found !! for lady

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a freind of mine who knew I metal detected called me and ask if I could help ---seems that a female freind of his -- child had lost her car key and if not found it would be a $300 tow and fix it fee to get another set of car keys for it from the dealership --- I told him pick me up and we ' ll --"get er done" --- we went over , they said the little girl was running toward the car key in hand last night near dusk and had tripped --the key went flying hitting the car ( it made a sound when it hit ) and that it just "dissappered" --- after looking around I saw the small child (about 4 ) sheepishly looking at what was going on --- I ask her just where she fell at, and had her show me the spot --looking at her and how she fell--- I felt that the key flung forward out of her hand when she tripped -- (normal human reaction to falling is to open your hands to brace / catch yourself) thus the key had most likely hit the nose of the car and bounce off its nose and should be nearby or under the nose of the car and I said so ---after checking close by and finding nothing I laid the coil of my ace 250 flat with the shaft and slid it along the ground under the cars front end BINGO !!!! just as I thought -- it was right under the nose of the car ---just a bit out of sight (just were I thought it would be)--- the little girl was so happy that she was out of the doghouse and mom was happy that she didn't have to shell out $300 bucks this close to christmas --- on the way back to my house my freind said he was impressed with how fast I found it once I got there. --- Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is good stuff! 300 bucks extra going out at Christmas time could be rough on a lot of people!

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
good job ivan, you didnt say how you managed to retrieve the key, did you send the kid under the car to get them---j/k

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Ivan, you made someone's Christmas a little bit nicer this year!

I got a chance to find the mail lady's keys in the snow earlier in the year..it was such a good feeling to be able to help her out.

Nat

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome! Three hundred is a lot anytime, but right at the holidays, it must have felt like a fortune.

Ya did good! ;)

HH
Nan

p.s.
I'm kinda glad you had the little one "help" you find it (by asking her to show you where and how, etc). This way, even if (even though) she lost it to begin with, she - and mom - can feel like she was able to help find it, too. Kewl.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honor roll for sure!!!
Great job Ivan. You make us proud.
-MM-

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
brown --wasn't paying to much mind to the type, my mind at he time was fully "focused" on finding the key -- thus I really didn't pay much mind to the make / model --- large sized newish model brown car 4 door --newer model cars really aren't my thing --- however give me a 69 olds 2 door with a 440 now we're talking

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, good that you were able to make that find and save the lady some money.

For you and others, if you lose a car key (unless it is one of the later special keys with electronics) forget calling a tow truck for a trip to dealer. Call a good locksmith. They can make a key and have you going in a few minutes for about 25% of what the dealer and tow truck will charge you. In my area, a car key made on site would be less than $50.

HH,
Ty

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
from what I understand it was one of those "special type keys" thus the tow truck and dealership deal --if it was not found --- thus it would have been a $300 buck hit in the purse a couple weeks before christmas ---- ouch --- guess my $ 227.33 (total delivered) ace 250 saved her $300 bucks ---just love my custom mode on my ace 250 , I got it tweaked where it picks up lil gold / but misses most of the modern pulltabs ---yep life is good ---(esp if you think of the only other choice ;) ) merry christmas and happy new years --to all

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I get anywhere near my vehicle, my det goes crazy. Dunno how you can detect under a vehicle and not pick it up?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You tune down the discrimination.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013