3D Printed battery Minelab holder for explorer se / e-trac on e-Bay

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been out of metal detecting for about a year, so please pardon me if this was already been discussed here. Has anyone seen this 3D printed battery holder for the Minelab Explorer and Etrac?
It comes out of Ukraine. I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way, just interested. Wish I could get his file and print my own.

Li ion Battery 3 7V 18650 Holder for Minelab Explorer SE E Trac and Other | eBay

3D printeed battery holder.jpg

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I got one of the early blue color ones he made. I gave him a few suggestions as to some things that could be changed / improved for easier / better use. He also sent me a single battery charging base. Each cell took ~2hrs to charge.
But worked well in the machine.

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I have been out of metal detecting for about a year, so please pardon me if this was already been discussed here. Has anyone seen this 3D printed battery holder for the Minelab Explorer and Etrac?
It comes out of Ukraine. I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way, just interested. Wish I could get his file and print my own.

Li ion Battery 3 7V 18650 Holder for Minelab Explorer SE E Trac and Other | eBay

View attachment 1351423

I have one modeled up in fusion and just about ready to go. I have it configured to run a simple $2.00 3S Protection Charging circut with your basic 2.1x5.5 dc barrel. I have yet to print it but it should work. If nothing else I can easily revise it to work like the one for sale on ebay (where you charge the batteries externally).

minelab.PNG

Neil

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My SE Takes 8 AA's not 3

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
These are designed around lithium ion 18650 cells. You can squeeze 3200mah+ into this little guy. Should give you crazy long runtimes. If I get time I'll design around AA rechargeables as well...
Neil

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread