xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting this past weekend with the Silver Bandit. It was a woods spot that had been detected with some purported good finds being made by others but we wanted to give it a go... After a brief hike out into the woods we came upon a break in the stone wall with two large flat faced rocks marking an entrance. Looks like a good place to start. We turned on our detectors and started swinging. We were at a cellar hole for a house or a barn. It was really tough swinging with some vegetation completely in the way right were you wanted to search. I went right into the bushes and dug a piece of metal garbage. The next hole was outside the thicket and was right next to a downed tree. I got an 86 signal which signified a clad quarter, silver or maybe something else. I dug a hole and out popped a copper coin! I brushed the dirt off to reveal a matron head U.S. large cent! Excellent... less than 10 minutes in and my week is made! I called the bandit over as there was another signal in the hole. Next we had another U.S. Matron! Wow my first time finding two coppers in one hole! … but there was another signal! What could it be? It turned out to be an iron nail. Let's check it one more time... and we have another large cent! What a lucky hole! We went on to detect for several hours encountering holes all over the place... and finding a whole lot of nothing. The kiss of death had been issued. I was fine with it! The bandit lived up to his name and found a silver rosie. The true head scratcher for me was that the other detectorists missed the coins that I found. The area was fairly clean so this signal stuck out like a sore thumb. If you've ever played dice you know a 4, 5, 6 is an instant winning combination to roll. Well the dates on these largies were 1824, 1825 and 1826. Strange but true. I don't know if there are any numerologists out there but this could be big! It was an awesome hunt and thanks to the Silver Bandit! Check the coins: they cleaned up pretty nicely with a toothpick and dry brush. The copper stack grows. Thanks for reading!

IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6638.JPG

Upvote 35

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man those L.C.'s cleaned up really nice. When I find one it is usually toast.

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't see copper spills to often - that's great!

Very nice condition too, congrats!!

Monet4sky

Feb 11, 2019
Upstate ny
Detector(s) used
Xp deus, 9inch coil, HF elliptical, whites underwater pulse induction, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is so amazing....congrats.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those things are in killer condition! such a nice save

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Coppers sure cleaned up nice! Congrats on an excellent hunt:icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack pot Im happy for you those are days ya never forget. Well done. Tommy my turn next lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful old coppers! :occasion14:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a really great spill! Don’t see that very often. Congrats!

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome spill and great numbers! Go buy a lottery ticket with those numbers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread