4 golds and 19 silvers from a one day clean up in the water plus scout camp and other water hunt goodies

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to a state park I got permission to work some before Labor Day. It usually has a lot of people there detecting so I wasn’t expecting a lot just, as always, hoping for new losses or something the others missed.

I spent 6 hours with the ATPro gridding the water and doing a quick grid of the beach. All together I found 12 coins with a face value of $1.06, a toy truck, some jewelry, tabs and pieces of tab, an aluminum bag tie, sinkers, grommets, a selfie stick retainer, some fishing gear, a couple of hair clips and aluminum foil.

CAA38EC4-F357-4E48-AA18-3DF752F34422.jpeg

The small hinged earring is 10k with little czs. The tiny cladaugh symbol is unmarked silver and looks like it was an embellishment on something else. The only ring I found is stainless steel and has a chain going around the center. I think it is a cool design. Too bad it isn’t gold or silver. Not a lot this hunt, but at least the other guys left me some tiny gold and silver.

BAE4A20C-5104-40E7-985F-EC05763219A8.jpeg

6DC5D76E-8FC1-491D-9FC9-22F03771CF3E.jpeg

I made my weekly trip to the scout camp and worked more on the campsite I have been trying to finish. I keep thinking I’ll finish this time and I end up finding more than I thought and don’t have time to finish. Maybe next time.

This trip I spent 6 hours working my grid and found 106 coins with a face value of $6.59, 57 camp tent pegs, 2 tokens, a Cub Scout neckerchief slide, 4 rope tensioners, a Bobcat rank pin, an Webelos Athlete pin, a metal button, a bullet, 20 fishing sinkers, a knife holder for a scout belt, a few tabs and the ever present melted aluminum from the campfires.

58729D61-822C-4C78-83D2-59DD19D15005.jpeg

D13EBDCA-6BEB-4F5B-99BF-81A72D9D7545.jpeg

The first token is a Narcotics Anonymous 5 year token. This is the first one I have ever found. It’s fun to find something different. The neckerchief slide is the older style and the second token is the rampant lion shield token I have found many times. Not a lot of money this trip (light in quarters, heavy in nickels again), but lots of stuff to dig.

8DE6D980-04AE-4993-B9F3-31E7EF0A7802.jpeg

I went back to the park I usually detect once or twice a year because it is 80 miles away. It is pretty heavily detected all summer long, but I like to go and do a day of cleaning up the small stuff. I don’t have time for the normal thorough grid because it has 2 big swimming areas, but I clean up as much as I can systematically. Normally I find plenty of small jewelry and frequently gold and silver. This trip did not disappoint.

You can tell it had been detected because there were NO coins to be found, nothing very big was found except some mixed metal earrings that gave more of a ferrous signal, but I scoop those large ferrous signals because they mask smaller goodies. Many times I scoop out more than one item with those signals.

I spent 9 hours in the water with the ATPro set on my normal PRO ZERO, IRON AUDIO on, Discrimination set at 30. I found no coins for a change, but piles of jewelry and some less desirable junk. 4 14k gold earrings, 10 silver earrings, 1 silver cross, 1 silver lobster claw clasp and 7 silver earring backs for a total of 19 silvers and 4 golds for the day. Not a lot of value, but tons of fun.

28F9FDA5-7602-4E51-B483-F6A33FF61633.jpeg

2F695AA3-77FE-49FF-9647-D8E2B659B99F.jpeg

I was busy scooping all day as you can see from the picture of the rest of the finds. Only 6 or 7 pieces of aluminum foil which was nice, but the 35 selfie stick retainers were a real pain. In addition there were 25 other earring backs in addition to the silver ones and 7 aluminum twist off beverage cap retainer pieces. 31 non precious earrings, a few pieces of can tabs (no whole tabs), 3 pieces of chain including a complete fake gold chain and a stainless steel tooth crown complete with the remains of the tooth that broke off (yuck). There are 5 rings, but unfortunately the best one is only a stainless spinner ring in the center.

7080A78A-D28C-46B5-8700-B52AA2446029.jpeg

FF54AEAB-D4C3-45BD-BE67-7931B2BA049D.jpeg

DEC853A7-0252-4DA0-9761-C15D1E4EAEB2.jpeg

We had to go back to Baltimore so on my morning walk I did my usual parking lot eyeball search and found 1 dime and 7 pennies. On the way home we stopped at a rest area and I check the coin returns. I found a penny on the pavement in from of one machine and found a dollar coin and 2 quarters in another. That’s the first time I have found a dollar coin in a coin return. We also went to the mall to walk one time and I found nothing, but my wife picked up a folded up piece of paper that ended up having a dollar bill folded up in it.

BC712618-4FC0-4E2E-BBA8-42F86C0D58C3.jpeg

I got a wheatie in change the other day, a 1925. It has been around a while but I think it spent a long time in someone’s change jar.

4B37B1C6-7619-4FA2-87F1-D2560976AA24.jpeg

So another busy week with 20 silver and 5 golds all together, a fair amount of clad, 6 more rings and more goodies from the scout camp. The non detector finds are good as well. I love this hobby. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

P. S. You might not hear from me for a while. I am going on a trip (no metal detecting darn it) and may not have service where I am going. I hope to stay in touch, but who knows. Good luck out there.

D235487A-CFEB-42D0-8D46-70C20EBAC6EC.jpeg 95DA0841-AAD5-4B7F-B59C-E74CAB3C1B54.jpeg D0A9D452-C149-4583-A52A-9F3BD51EF96D.jpeg

Upvote 25

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to a state park I got permission to work some before Labor Day. It usually has a lot of people there detecting so I wasn’t expecting a lot just, as always, hoping for new losses or something the others missed.

I spent 6 hours with the ATPro gridding the water and doing a quick grid of the beach. All together I found 12 coins with a face value of $1.06, a toy truck, some jewelry, tabs and pieces of tab, an aluminum bag tie, sinkers, grommets, a selfie stick retainer, some fishing gear, a couple of hair clips and aluminum foil.

View attachment 2048173

The small hinged earring is 10k with little czs. The tiny cladaugh symbol is unmarked silver and looks like it was an embellishment on something else. The only ring I found is stainless steel and has a chain going around the center. I think it is a cool design. Too bad it isn’t gold or silver. Not a lot this hunt, but at least the other guys left me some tiny gold and silver.

View attachment 2048174

View attachment 2048175

I made my weekly trip to the scout camp and worked more on the campsite I have been trying to finish. I keep thinking I’ll finish this time and I end up finding more than I thought and don’t have time to finish. Maybe next time.

This trip I spent 6 hours working my grid and found 106 coins with a face value of $6.59, 57 camp tent pegs, 2 tokens, a Cub Scout neckerchief slide, 4 rope tensioners, a Bobcat rank pin, an Webelos Athlete pin, a metal button, a bullet, 20 fishing sinkers, a knife holder for a scout belt, a few tabs and the ever present melted aluminum from the campfires.

View attachment 2048177

View attachment 2048179

The first token is a Narcotics Anonymous 5 year token. This is the first one I have ever found. It’s fun to find something different. The neckerchief slide is the older style and the second token is the rampant lion shield token I have found many times. Not a lot of money this trip (light in quarters, heavy in nickels again), but lots of stuff to dig.

View attachment 2048178

I went back to the park I usually detect once or twice a year because it is 80 miles away. It is pretty heavily detected all summer long, but I like to go and do a day of cleaning up the small stuff. I don’t have time for the normal thorough grid because it has 2 big swimming areas, but I clean up as much as I can systematically. Normally I find plenty of small jewelry and frequently gold and silver. This trip did not disappoint.

You can tell it had been detected because there were NO coins to be found, nothing very big was found except some mixed metal earrings that gave more of a ferrous signal, but I scoop those large ferrous signals because they mask smaller goodies. Many times I scoop out more than one item with those signals.

I spent 9 hours in the water with the ATPro set on my normal PRO ZERO, IRON AUDIO on, Discrimination set at 30. I found no coins for a change, but piles of jewelry and some less desirable junk. 4 14k gold earrings, 10 silver earrings, 1 silver cross, 1 silver lobster claw clasp and 7 silver earring backs for a total of 19 silvers and 4 golds for the day. Not a lot of value, but tons of fun.

View attachment 2048172

View attachment 2048187

I was busy scooping all day as you can see from the picture of the rest of the finds. Only 6 or 7 pieces of aluminum foil which was nice, but the 35 selfie stick retainers were a real pain. In addition there were 25 other earring backs in addition to the silver ones and 7 aluminum twist off beverage cap retainer pieces. 31 non precious earrings, a few pieces of can tabs (no whole tabs), 3 pieces of chain including a complete fake gold chain and a stainless steel tooth crown complete with the remains of the tooth that broke off (yuck). There are 5 rings, but unfortunately the best one is only a stainless spinner ring in the center.

View attachment 2048181

View attachment 2048182

View attachment 2048185

We had to go back to Baltimore so on my morning walk I did my usual parking lot eyeball search and found 1 dime and 7 pennies. On the way home we stopped at a rest area and I check the coin returns. I found a penny on the pavement in from of one machine and found a dollar coin and 2 quarters in another. That’s the first time I have found a dollar coin in a coin return. We also went to the mall to walk one time and I found nothing, but my wife picked up a folded up piece of paper that ended up having a dollar bill folded up in it.

View attachment 2048176

I got a wheatie in change the other day, a 1925. It has been around a while but I think it spent a long time in someone’s change jar.

View attachment 2048180

So another busy week with 20 silver and 5 golds all together, a fair amount of clad, 6 more rings and more goodies from the scout camp. The non detector finds are good as well. I love this hobby. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

P. S. You might not hear from me for a while. I am going on a trip (no metal detecting darn it) and may not have service where I am going. I hope to stay in touch, but who knows. Good luck out there.

View attachment 2048183 View attachment 2048184 View attachment 2048186
Congratulations on your beautiful beautiful recoveries.
Very good post with great detail

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You certainly dig enough by the looks of the post.
Congrats on the rewards even if they're small.
You don't miss much either.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Thanks for sharing with us. Best part of swimming areas is they are constantly getting replenished.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did outstanding thanks for showing us

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2048173

View attachment 2048174

View attachment 2048175

View attachment 2048177

View attachment 2048179

View attachment 2048178

View attachment 2048172

View attachment 2048187

View attachment 2048181

View attachment 2048182

View attachment 2048185

View attachment 2048176

View attachment 2048180

View attachment 2048183 View attachment 2048184 View attachment 2048186
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for your comments and likes. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooh, makes my back sore just looking at the pictures!
Good job on all those recoveries!
Thanks oldmxrat. It does get harder on the 72 year old. I am starting to feel my age.

We have very slow internet for now. I will have a lot of catching up to do when we get back where I have decent service.

Thanks to all, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks oldmxrat. It does get harder on the 72 year old. I am starting to feel my age.

We have very slow internet for now. I will have a lot of catching up to do when we get back where I have decent service.

Thanks to all, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
It gets WORSE !!! TRUST ME !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions