Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
collectible token is a hair, pun intended, larger than a half. IMG_0115.JPG IMG_0116.JPG also scored BIG with one, that's 1 clad dime. this site is like hunting for a broken needle in a field full of needles, but it still gives goodies.:BangHead::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Upvote 14

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never seen that one before, great save !!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool token, I still use a razor similar to that, love it.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I under-estimated the value. the token sold on ebay within 1 hour on a "buy it now" for $10.49. likely worth double the sold price, but research last night gave me little info on what it is worth. still made a few bucks for my hunt

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pics

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and nice finds on the token....I use ebay a lot and even though I do a lot of research I always let the auction run it's coarse...remember it only takes 2 people for an auction...

Gary

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is/was a great token, Rich. Fantastic condition. Do you have an idea of how old it is/was?

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunting buddy FMERG says 1920-30's with 4000 made. I trust his research. now I wish I had listed it at minimum of $20

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
Some may not like what I am saying but has to be said.

You found an interesting token and you quickly put it on ebay. Even before doing proper research to even know what you have. Yes you found it and you can do with it what you wish.

Here are some words of wisdom from someone who has been swinging a detector for near 40 years. If you are in this hobby to make a quick buck then not only are you in it for the wrong reason but are missing a big part of the hobby. In addition you are playing right into the elitist archaeologists rants that we are not interested in the items or the history and are just out to line our pockets.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your point. now for a few facts: being retired in a state with one of the highest costs of living, highest taxes and no hope for real jobs, I hope to find items that can be appreciated for their uniqueness and I can make a few extra bucks. my school and property taxes per year are over $3000, heating oil at $4 a gallon, electric at 29 cents per KWH and gas at $3.55. and yes I do get a major thrill finding and saving the stuff I dig
Some may not like what I am saying but has to be said.

You found an interesting token and you quickly put it on ebay. Even before doing proper research to even know what you have. Yes you found it and you can do with it what you wish.

Here are some words of wisdom from someone who has been swinging a detector for near 40 years. If you are in this hobby to make a quick buck then not only are you in it for the wrong reason but are missing a big part of the hobby. In addition you are playing right into the elitist archaeologists rants that we are not interested in the items or the history and are just out to line our pockets.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in Kingston NY a lot of history is up your way, you should make your way to New Paltz around where Huganot st is, (not sure of the spelling) that area is old old colonial period though, nice token, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread