4 Meg day

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that this is mostly an artifact collecting site, but I decided to post my trip from yesterday because it was so darn good. Didn?t see a lot of people out on the bay, and it had been storming the whole week. So I hit the beach. Canoed for about 5 mins and pulled up to the beach and within a 10 minute period I found 2 posterior megalodons. That was before I even got to the cliffs. I met 2 other hunters who weren?t having the best luck and because the tide was not low yet, they left. I combed that area for the past two hours until the tide got low and found one more posterior Megalodon. On the way back, I got the best find of the trip. A nice cream colored Megalodon to end the day. In total ended up with 4 complete megs, 2 large hemis, and 2 sand tigers. Here?s the haul:

CBBD136E-3038-4B2F-80BC-0DCE1BB774E8.jpeg 5F7F5DF5-5C6A-4BA0-8D0A-C62122C514DB.jpeg ED491898-500E-4F51-8181-8DE6D6163195.jpeg 336DE33E-09E5-4042-80FE-B1C9FA54F819.jpeg 9380E061-29E2-4459-8CB3-9E4036DAECCE.jpeg 334E9920-EC47-47AD-9266-87F4461F3FE2.jpeg 80A02C1A-0F45-4144-811F-57F69DEA997F.jpeg

Upvote 31
OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love finding sharks teeth, great finds.

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I didn’t know y’all were so into fossils as well I thought it was mostly artifacts with you bunch! If that’s the case, I’ll post my fossil trips in addition to anything artifact related as well. Thanks for the replies!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! what a haul!...congrats man, that cream colored tooth is a beaut!!!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice assortment of fossil teeth, ray plates, and mammal bones.

Please be careful if you are in the canoe alone - and wear a PFD. We have had small craft advisories here all week and under tornado watch today until 8pm.

Good luck and be careful out there.

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice assortment of fossil teeth, ray plates, and mammal bones.

Please be careful if you are in the canoe alone - and wear a PFD. We have had small craft advisories here all week and under tornado watch today until 8pm.

Good luck and be careful out there.

Luckily I plan to go back out this week, and the ride is only a few minutes. But still, I did forget my life vest last time. Won’t happen again because I was battling some large waves. I wasn’t alone but life jackets are a priority.

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! what a haul!...congrats man, that cream colored tooth is a beaut!!!

Thanks man! I’m in love with the color on the Meg as well. It’s just in such nice condition!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I didn’t know y’all were so into fossils as well I thought it was mostly artifacts with you bunch! If that’s the case, I’ll post my fossil trips in addition to anything artifact related as well. Thanks for the replies!

There are at least two fossil hunters who semi-regularly post their finds from the Potomac R. I hunt Calvert Cliffs; most of the others who post, do so on a Facebook group moderated by my son. IMO, the TH'ers at this site enjoy seeing the occasional Miocene shark teeth.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily I plan to go back out this week, and the ride is only a few minutes. But still, I did forget my life vest last time. Won?t happen again because I was battling some large waves. I wasn?t alone but life jackets are a priority.

I can't lecture about this because we've all done it. I sometimes wonder "what did I forget THIS time?" I'm thinking about going back to using a boater's checklist. After many decades on the Bay, I've learned that squalls come up quickly. In a bad quick chop like we have in the Chesapeake, it can be difficult or impossible to get back into a capsized canoe or kayak. A few years ago, I was overturned in a kayak in a squall after a fossil hunt and had to swim for shore. Fortunately, my son was out there in his own boat and recovered mine, made sure I was ok and kept an eye on me as I swam for sure. And this was after more than 50 years experience in canoes and kayaks.

TH'ers and fossil hunters are very independent - but its also important to "file a flight plan" by letting someone know where and when you're going.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man! I?m in love with the color on the Meg as well. It?s just in such nice condition!

The condition is great and that cream color is attractive. In my experience, those creamy ones do not change color as much as the dark ones after they are kept in captivity.

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The condition is great and that cream color is attractive. In my experience, those creamy ones do not change color as much as the dark ones after they are kept in captivity.

That's good to hear. I don't really notice any of my teeth changing colors so maybe that means I'm going blind or something. I'm planning to hit the bay again and the same beach again because of all the rain that's been happening this week. I really hope to beat my record!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread