jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
April 22 (UPI) -- A Massachusetts family hired a professional treasure hunter to investigate decades-old rumors of money hidden in their home -- and he found $46,000 under the floorboards.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol there are companies online who would try to get a quarter of a million or more for them.

consecutive numbers ? etc ? $$$$$

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know but I hope the woman didn't drop it at the bank to put it in a checking or savings account.

me, I'd requst a packet of 100 ones and hope she'd agree

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminded me of the house I grew up in back in the 70s-80s. It was built in 1925 and had a second floor that was my space. I had my first metal detector then, in about '78. I remember running it around the interior of the house looking for hidden gold bars(prompted by Treasure mags) and found that the detector rang out loud at the second step from the top. I was not allowed to tear up the staircase so I moved on, being told it was probably plumbing pipes. I remember as I got older and visited home looking to see what was under the top steps that would have gave such a signal and there was nothing under the location but a closet having no electric ran to it. I always regretted not tearing that step out....house is still there but new owners.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love stories like these. My favorite treasure story is the one where this old mansion was being cleaned out and the old neglected grand piano was donated to someone who wanted to restore it. He went to tune the piano and as he did several bags of Gilded-Age gold coins fell from a hiding place. It was something like 5 or 6 small sacks of British gold Sovereigns - Victoria, King Edward, and George V coins if memory serves correct.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the wrong house! And, why in Sam Hill do these people publicize their finds??? Are people that desperate for attention that they risk confiscation, taxes, and theft?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING DISCOVERY !1! Thanks for posting Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread