Somewhere in Michiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th of July Hunt I Found and returned Katie's Ring

So, being that the drought has set in Greg ( my detecting buddy) and I decided that we need to start hitting the water, as the digging is much easier and definitely cooler.

We chose to hit local creek just to wet the urge

Right out of the truck, my detector is not working. For some reason the coil on the XP Deus keeps shutting down when I turn on the control unit (got a call in about that). So anyways Greg says we will switch on and off with his detector so that I could atleast get some hunt time in. He detects while I scoop the finds and then I detect while he scoops.

When it came my turn at swinging the coil one of my first few targets was a silver girls class ring with the name on the outside. Right then I knew I had to locate her and get the ring back to her. When I got to the truck and put my glasses on, I seen that her full name was on the inside of the band, so that made it so much easier to locate, and thank God her last name wasn't a common one like Smith, Jones, Miller, etc.

Forward to July 5th, I open the phone book and there is only 1 listing for anyone having the last name as Katie, so I made the phone call and introduced myself and the reason for the call and we agreed that he would come to my work and pick it up.

It seems that katie had lost the ring last year and was extremely heart broken over it, as it was her graduation gift from her parents.

Her dad said this will make her day and that he will have her send me a photo of her and her returned ring.

Hope everyone is staying cool in these triple digit temps and thanks for reading

Attachments

• Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (1).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (1).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (2).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (2).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (3).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (3).JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 116

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one!

DCMatt

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I like reading about the good press generated by our hobby.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each of these type reports should be sent to our legislators. They have no clue as to the good that we do in returning items and cleaning up trash. They only believe what they hear and that is mostly trash talk from the enviro's.
Nice find and great return. HHHH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each of these type reports should be sent to our legislators. They have no clue as to the good that we do in returning items and cleaning up trash. They only believe what they hear and that is mostly trash talk from the enviro's.
Nice find and great return. HHHH

Thanks everyone and Harry, you're are correct on the trash aspect. I know that for every scoop (or so it seemed) we pulled up, we had broken shards of glass in it, and this is a public park where the creek runs through it. Even on the shoreline there were empty beer cases and trash. We can't clean it all up, but we can do our part in throwing away what we dig up.

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:

I like that the ring has WWJD on it. (No pressure there!!! lol)
Bunker

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and return.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread