Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend of my wife texted her on Thursday evening asking if I could help her husband find his wedding ring. :sad7: Apparently, he was brushing the snow off of his SUV and wasn’t wearing his gloves when he saw the ring fly-off his finger. This week here in Ontario we received about 10” of fresh snow through Wednesday & Thursday. When I arrived at their house in Whitby on Friday morning he told me that, "He had looked for the ring for half an hour in the deep snow before giving up." In the community where they live they have property maintenance crews who clear the snow, so their driveway was already shovelled when I arrived.

It took me all of 5 minutes to find his 18k gold wedding ring in a snowbank beside his walkway. He couldn’t believe how fast I was able to find it; I just happy I was able to find it for him. :thumbsup:

I told Oakley about my ring hunt when I got home... but she wasn't interested. :laughing7:

Hope everyone is having a fun time shovelling all of the snow we’ve had of late and we’ve got another 2 – 3” on the way this weekend.
Dave

Whitby Ring Hunt.PNG

20230127_110523.jpg

20230127_110643.jpg

image000000(6).jpg

Upvote 29

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of my wife texted her on Thursday evening asking if I could help her husband find his wedding ring. :sad7: Apparently, he was brushing the snow off of his SUV and wasn’t wearing his gloves when he saw the ring fly-off his finger. This week here in Ontario we received about 10” of fresh snow through Wednesday & Thursday. When I arrived at their house in Whitby on Friday morning he told me that, "He had looked for the ring for half an hour in the deep snow before giving up." In the community where they live they have property maintenance crews who clear the snow, so their driveway was already shovelled when I arrived.

It took me all of 5 minutes to find his 18k gold wedding ring in a snowbank beside his walkway. He couldn’t believe how fast I was able to find it; I just happy I was able to find it for him. :thumbsup:

I told Oakley about my ring hunt when I got home... but she wasn't interested. :laughing7:

Hope everyone is having a fun time shovelling all of the snow we’ve had of late and we’ve got another 2 – 3” on the way this weekend.
Dave

View attachment 2066758

View attachment 2066759

View attachment 2066760

View attachment 2066761
Good work! Finding an item for someone is great! I never find it where they think they lost it.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it was an easy find, but you took the time to go and try and when you did you had no idea how long it would take so honorable mention in my book. Way to go Dave. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Nicely done Dave! Naturally an honourable mention earned. A little more shovelling coming our way tomorrow morning. If you’re driving anywhere, be safe.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great save!! Congrats!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave

View attachment 2066758

View attachment 2066759

View attachment 2066760

View attachment 2066761
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much for the congrats guys, I do appreciate it. :occasion14:

Dallas... tomorrow I'm driving to Ottawa, then onto Montreal for work this week.
Hope you're doing well these days bud.
Dave

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dave

View attachment 2066758

View attachment 2066759

View attachment 2066760

View attachment 2066761
Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread