Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
As I have previously mentioned a robber's cache of about $30,000 was found
by a man from Hugo in the late '60s or early '70s. Now I will have to dig thru
a mountain of mags in my closet. Back then there was "Treasure", "Treasure
Search" and "Treasure Found". So if you have old "Treasure Found" magazines
maybe you can save me a whole day of looking.
Coker never revealed the location but said it was buried under a fireplace at
an old abandoned cabin. This is too close to subject area to be a coincidence.
Coker never found it where he said he did,he said the butterfield stage road,closer to hugo,but he ready found it closer to millerton,okla......came from close friends of his......this treasure has nothing to do with the one at rattan, but all than land in that area is hunting club's no way in,lock's gate's every where you go.....okie :hello:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
'preciate that Okie :icon_scratch:
in what way? ??? as for as the 7 devils mts,i had a old map that show it,it close to medicine springs,might still have it,have to check and see,but the closest would be go to cloudy,and go northeast about 6 miles,rattan is around 12 miles from cloudy,the map show it from little river to be on west side,around 4 miles way the crow fly's,been there many times i live about 35 miles away.............. as for as charles coker i talked to him many's time's before he pass away,he live in messer,okla. so is this cache still there,don't know i never found it, medicine,springs was one of the stage stop's had a hotel back in it's time. there are 2 other treasure stories in this same area to. okie

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Okiedowser, I mean I appreciate hearing about Coker and any details. It's
been a long time ago and I'm going by memory. I asked my sister in Fort
Worth if Coker's brother was still living and he is. I never met Charles, just
spoke to him on phone once.

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)
Hello all. I'm originally from Oklahoma and my wife grew up in Antlers. I went back home last week for pre-deployment leave and I spent some time walking my grandmothers land along Boggy creek... pretty interesting stuff out there, I will create a thread on that. But what I am posting on this thread for is because some of this treasure has been possible found. My father in law actually has in his possession several golden coins as does his father. His father was given these coins by an old man from Push county who was an avid treasure hunter. He spent decades hunting in the area around cloudy. I can not say for certain how much he found out there, but it was enough that he gave away dozens of these golden coins to his friends. I do know a round about location that he found them, in between One Creek Valley outside of cloudy and a place called The Mule Corral. He found them wrapped in some sort of cloth in some rocks. Now there is possibly still some left. He came to my father in law who is the fire chief of the local department asking to borrow the jaws of life. He dropped a large amount of coins into a crack between two large rocks. He was denied access to the jaws of life. But what is even more compelling is that he has found several caches of gold throughought that area. Here is the sad part though, this old man kept all of his finds under the front seat of his truck, and everybody knew this. And he never found a better place to put his finds even after his truck was looted a multitude of times.

merced726

Mar 15, 2011
I read the letters about the treasure in the 7 Devils, My uncle looked for it his whole life. He passed away in the 1980's. My Grandfather was Joseph Shelby Williams, He is buried in antlers. I never met him he Died in 1933. He was a small man and was very good with horses. His father raced horses and his mother was Indian they lived on the Nation's.
The story my grandmother told was that the gold was stolen from a army paymaster in Kansas. There was 4 outlaws. They came to the Nations to hide out. The Cherokee government did not want the U.S. army coming onto the Nation, Because then they would take control. So they sent 4 men to find the outlaws and stop them. My grandfather was ask to go along to handle the horses. They Killed the outlaws and buried the gold in a cave. they used black powder to close the cave they each took a gold coin and made belt buckles and pledged not to ever go back for the gold.
my oldest brother and my uncle looked for the gold for years. My brother told me he could stand on one mountain and could all of Mountains in a row.
there is much more to the story but I will not go into that.
I have seen the stories for years and this is the story my Grandmother Told Me. My grandfather was born in 1870.
I have only Visited my uncle once in the 1950's. he drove Ed Burnes truck to Antlers when they needed to pickup supplies.
Ed Burnes had a spring house That had cold Spring water runing all the time. They did not have electric power, They had a old battery radio and a propane Refrigerator. they only listened to the radio on Saturday night

My grandfather married Alice Fletcher in 1894 and worked for his Father inlaw Jasper Fletcher Who was a Undertaker and sold furniture.

Mj-fao

Mar 4, 2023
As I have previously mentioned a robber's cache of about $30,000 was found
by a man from Hugo in the late '60s or early '70s. Now I will have to dig thru
a mountain of mags in my closet. Back then there was "Treasure", "Treasure
Search" and "Treasure Found". So if you have old "Treasure Found" magazines
maybe you can save me a whole day of looking.
Coker never revealed the location but said it was buried under a fireplace at
an old abandoned cabin. This is too close to subject area to be a coincidence.
This us very interesting 🤔 I actually knew Coker. Went fishing with him many times as a kid. I'm do some looking into this.

Mj-fao

Mar 4, 2023
Okiedowser, I mean I appreciate hearing about Coker and any details. It's
been a long time ago and I'm going by memory. I asked my sister in Fort
Worth if Coker's brother was still living and he is. I never met Charles, just
spoke to him on phone once.
He used to take me fishing when I was a kid. He was a good man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread