Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All ! 😏

After investigating top-of-the-line pin-pointers on the market back in 2007, I finally decided on and purchased a Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, PI model (Pulse Induction) and was very happy with it for many years until the vibration motor finally started to slow down, so I returned the pointer to the factory and the motor was replaced at no charge even though the unit was out of warranty! That motor lasted a while, but then it slowed down, so I called the factory and they sent me a brand new up-graded model 580 free, including S&H, even though the warranty period had long-since expired. A great company to deal with!

Years after that, my brother asked what he could buy me for my birthday. I had been reading about the Garrett AT Pro-pointer (aka: Orange Carrott) on the Internet and decided I would like to try it, so brother bought it for me and over the years, it's all I've ever used! I still have my Treasure Products Vibra-probe 580 for back-up and loaner. Since my brother doesn't metal detect that much, I bought him an early model RicoMax Pin-pointer (waterproof tip and partially up the barrel only.). At that time, RicoMax was offering a Free trowel and holster, so I gave that to my brother also.

A good pin-pointer saves you lots of time recovering targets, not to mention reducing inpatients and frustration, allowing you to move along to the next find!

If you are just starting out in metal detecting, the RicoMax IP68 Metal Detecting Pin-pointer, Fully Waterproof to 65 Feet Underwater, looks like it would be a good one to get at Amazon for less than $50.00, battery and holster included and FREE delivery by Tuesday, January 18 if ordered promptly.

LINK:

Good Luck !
ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread