HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PC080220.JPG
PC080222.JPG
coffee flat hike area_LI.jpg

Went on a little recon up on the west end of Coffee Flat. Checked out that heart shape I saw on google earth. All I found was an old rusted soup can. From up there you can see 4 Peaks 18 miles away, and Weavers Needle which I think looks like the doodle backwards. You can see the flat desert near Fort McDowell where Waltz could see the soldiers kicking up dust on the trails. Waltz was seen going up there and it`s closer to Florence.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey bud.. i hope you had a great trip. sorry i was not able to meet up.. i spent 10 days on the other side.. you missed some incredible storms. thursday night was the worst rain and wind i have ever seen in a tent.. but looks like we both made it out.. nice pics.. glad your safe..

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0424C4FC-7FAB-4DC5-A5F9-E30C3D2B6618.jpeg
On pages 281 and 287 of the clues it says Waltz was seen heading up on Coffee Flat. He turned back men at the area I climbed, east of #3 on page 287. I think he may of had intentions of going up the same way but had to go up on the north side just to be sure he wasn’t followed.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2=3-@-18=7 Could mean two of the carvings on the three stones (not counting the insert) are mountains. The priest being 4 Peaks. 18 miles away is Coffee Flat where something lucky is waiting. Take the numbers from the heart 1847 & 10. 18 mi. from Browns Peak, 47 mi. from Phoenix (old), 10 mi. from where stones found. Noto the triangle. Hope everyone is doing OK and enjoying the holidays. I`m home feeling sick and just waisting time!
refrence.jpg
Horse shape.jpg HorseHigh1.jpg

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to check out this area up on Coffee Flat. I noticed a heart shape up there on Google Earth but it was just a natural formation. They said Waltz was seen up and around there so I figured I`d give it a shot. One clue is a square rock near the mine. There`s a big square rock down at the bottom of the wash. I think this is the area he went to Florence from. More time and research might shake an apple out of the tree.

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is some rugged country. My wife last Oct hiked 3 days rim to rim in the grand canyon with a 35 lb pack. She made it, but she said it was the hardest hike she every did and would not ever do it again. She said one missed step in some areas you would plunge 200 - 500 feet and no one would find your body.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread