52nd BRITISH REGIMENT OXFORDSHIRE BUTTON.....EXCELLENT SHAPE !!!!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up this morning....looked at the temperature.

-10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! . I said don,t think so...good day to stay home and it is snowing besides.

So i had my usual morning coffees.....8:30 comes... phone rings it a hunting buddy... btw he just started detecting after c
Christmas... and shortly thereafter became an addict .....like a lot of us.

He says ..what ya doing...we going hunting.... I laugh and say --- well it is freaking cold but I guess we can try ...worse that can happen we freeze and gotta come back home.

So away we go...snowing and all.

Hunted for 4 hrs ....and it was cold !!!......but then the snow stopped and the sun came out after a couple hours and was actually quite nice as long as ya kept busy swinging and digging.

Started off good my chum found a coin right off the start..old copper non legible. I was finding all musket balls and bullets...lots of them everywhere but nothing else. So decided to try another further down ....but was slow to get there ..as you can see I was busy digging musket balls .
By the time I got t o where I was going I was getting tired and thinking about turning back to the truck.

So we started working our way back... the SandShark rang in a solid hit..could tell it was small..but figured ...OH WOW ANOTHER MUSKET BALL LOL.....BOOOO.

Dug it ..out popped a button...wasn,t sure at first until I found a un-frozen puddle and gently washed the dirt off.

Then I seen the design and knew I had something special . .... needless to say I was excited ...and the condition was excellent
............ the back clasp was intact ..but fell off when i rinsed it. Thats 3 beautiful buttons this year and not even 1 noteable button last year.

These are the times that keep us digging.... VERY HAPPY !!!!

These musket balls and bullets are from 5.5 hrs of digging....4hrs to day and 1.5 hrs yesterday...thats a lot of lead.

2014-02-06 15.45.44.jpg 2014-02-06 15.46.26.jpg 2014-02-06 15.47.55.jpg 2014-02-06 15.48.27.jpg 2014-02-06 15.49.25.jpg

Upvote 11

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one for your display. It's an enlisted mans button and dates between 1810 and 1855. A makers mark might narrow it down a little.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a cool find! I remember replying to a thread here when I first started detecting, and my answer indicated coins were my favorite thing to find. After one year in, I have to say old lead and relics have a spot in my heart as big as any coin. Congrats on a great hunt and helping to cause your hunting buddy to fall even deeper into this mad rush we all seek now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one AQUA, you guys are troopers. At -10 I'm not sure I would have went.
I guess I have been out when the dirt kept freezing on my digger from the wind chill, and I'd say it was worth it for that prize.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a decent site for buttons!

Some nice variety

Lots of lead variety too, lots of lead period

Yes--hopefully something more will come outta there....seems so crazy that there be so many musket balls and bullets ..you would think we would be getting lotsa different stuff.........but we aren,t.

But obviously very pleased with my button.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Yes--hopefully something more will come outta there....seems so crazy that there be so many musket balls and bullets ..you would think we would be getting lotsa different stuff.........but we aren,t.

But obviously very pleased with my button.

I've hunted a few old sites that were early militia training grounds, a variety of bullets, various buttons, and a few coins and odd ball finds. You may have or be near a similar such site

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful button! A little later that your other ones, but still a nice British regimental button from the first half of the century.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to start this year off! In the dead of Winter you pull those buttons out, hope that's an indication of the rest of the year!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are killing it my friend! I'm loving seeing your posts pop up. Something great every trip out. Man that's a helluva lot of lead. Those buttons are amazing. Keep em coming buddy

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one for your display. It's an enlisted mans button and dates between 1810 and 1855. A makers mark might narrow it down a little.

I s no makers mark that i can see.

And yes---1 more for my display case of buttons--- even get to take one out to make room for this one...weeeeeee.

Ty for the info.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one AQUA, you guys are troopers. At -10 I'm not sure I would have went.
I guess I have been out when the dirt kept freezing on my digger from the wind chill, and I'd say it was worth it for that prize.

Lol..it is an itch hat needs to be scratched....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--- I go it bad.

Surprisingly no dirt froze on the coil..but the ground was chilled on top...so kept the wetness down.... and got rewarded indeed.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow! -10 ? Dang, even my headphones would have to heated for me to go out in those conditions :laughing7: Seriously, congrats on the awesome finds man, especially in that kind of weather!

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a beautiful button, very nice

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool find! I remember replying to a thread here when I first started detecting, and my answer indicated coins were my favorite thing to find. After one year in, I have to say old lead and relics have a spot in my heart as big as any coin. Congrats on a great hunt and helping to cause your hunting buddy to fall even deeper into this mad rush we all seek now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TY.... OLD DUDE

For me the coins have been the most exciting finds....but after finding these buttons.... I think coins have fallen out 1st place.!!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are killing it my friend! I'm loving seeing your posts pop up. Something great every trip out. Man that's a helluva lot of lead. Those buttons are amazing. Keep em coming buddy

TY Ahab....

And ya ...thats a lot of lead...and a lot of digging... I,m lame tonite... lol

Good thing is..the digging is easy.... nothing is deeper than 3 inches....and lot of the musket balls are laying on top of the ground and some coins are laying on top also... but only 1 in 6 coins are legible.

Is nice to get out in the winter for a hunt.....liking my SandShark

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions