5G is a crock of shpoop.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my old iPhone 8 was nearing lifeā€™s end. The battery was suffering and cracked screen so I bit the bullet and ā€œupgradedā€ to the 13.

This thing is slow as sheet!! You tube takes longer to load, pandora takes longer to load, web pagesā€¦. Etc. Iā€™ve updated everything, turned off all the extra crapā€¦ still slow.

Greeeeeat. More money, slower phone. What gives? Anyone more tech savvy know why itā€™s crap?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched Google and found you aren't alone! Here are just a few (of many) comments...

"...new iphone 13 pro...noticing significant lag in every aspect of user interface..."

"...Same hereā€¦ I hope that an update will soon resolve this because for now my 13 pro max is slower compare to my 12 pro..."

All the solutions zero in on background apps running and sucking up the cpu. Hopefully, Apple will release an update - all these complaints on the net aren't good for sales.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
So my old iPhone 8 was nearing lifeā€™s end. The battery was suffering and cracked screen so I bit the bullet and ā€œupgradedā€ to the 13.

This thing is slow as sheet!! You tube takes longer to load, pandora takes longer to load, web pagesā€¦. Etc. Iā€™ve updated everything, turned off all the extra crapā€¦ still slow.

Greeeeeat. More money, slower phone. What gives? Anyone more tech savvy know why itā€™s crap?
What does your crappy phone have to do with the signal it receives?
5G is blistering fast.
Faster than a pile of greased owl crap!
I get well over 100 megabits per second.
Divide your megabits by 8 and you'll have your megabytes per second.

A little bird says that they used inferior RAM due to covid shortages in the new model.
Supposedly not the pro model though.

Ever built a gaming computer, you'll understand the difference between cheap RAM sticks and high quality matched RAM.
Corrupt memory issues is my guess.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does your crappy phone have to do with the signal it receives?
5G is blistering fast.
Faster than a pile of greased owl crap!
I get well over 100 megabits per second.
Divide your megabits by 8 and you'll have your megabytes per second.

A little bird says that they used inferior RAM due to covid shortages in the new model.
Supposedly not the pro model though.

Ever built a gaming computer, you'll understand the difference between cheap RAM sticks and high quality matched RAM.
Corrupt memory issues is my guess.

This makes sense to me. I suppose not having experienced 5G at real speeds i categorized this problem as a 5G thing.

My iPhone 13 and now my 13 mini are both troublesome. Slow to load, slow to send photos via text.

My luck. Upgrade to a pile of horse sheet. The ram issue makes sense to me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Greeeeeat. More money, slower phone. What gives? Anyone more tech savvy know why itā€™s crap
Check your phone's memory and see how close to full you are, you could be close to full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread