traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting some iron relics ready to clean and hot wax, so thought I would post this before finishing the cleaning. I am fairly certain this is Civil War. I know some will find this difficult to believe but found it at 2' deep with a Minelab Explorer. i think the area was a latrine but after I dug this the farm changed hands before I could get back so I could recover no more items. The area was very moist and soft ground so maybe helped with depth. The new management wanted no digging due to cattle in there. Oh well.
The 5th Ohio was camped here on all the hills around the Loudon Tennessee Railroad Bridge. It may have been a part of their camp ware. Or maybe not. It is old and was deep. Any comments are welcome, and all opinions are welcome, except any that think Biden is doing a good job.

Attachments

• dutch 5.jpg
    dutch 5.jpg
    953.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Dutch 1.jpg
    Dutch 1.jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 52
  • dutch 2.jpg
    dutch 2.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 57
  • dutch 3.jpg
    dutch 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • dutch 4.jpg
    dutch 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 12

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a few that look the same as yours on line. one brand is gates, looked a lot like yours.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did a great job with the restoration. It really turned out nice. The only question I have, is "Good ole' Ohio boys"? Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread