5X5 grid!

• Thread starter yeah-imanewb101
  • Start date
C

cegodsey

See the treasure trove gallery just below your info at the top of this page. Some of the pics in there show solved puzzles, and the 5x5.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Here is the 5x5 grid:

Attachments

• 5x5a.jpg
    5x5a.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,981
T

Trapape

Omni,

That is a great 5x5 grid. Thanks for clarifying that to all.

T

treasuretrapper

Nice grid!
so where'd ya find it or make it and how'da use it??

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
alabamadan said:
Where's the "Q"?
The "Q" was deliberately left out as per "one piece nary" and this is used to solve some of the clues in "A Treasures Trove". However, contrary to what I may have implied, the grid is the 5x5 but the arrangment of letters is not always the same as above. 8)

T

Trapape

Yeah it wouldn't be that easy. If the letters stayed the same for all the tokens then that would probably be to easy and some of us average joes would be able to solve it. LOL Just letting off a little fustration.

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
How about like this! Can you figure it out?

23 15 32 32 35 33 51 34 11 33 15 15 43 33 15 31 15

HINT: ;D the first number is on the verticle and the second number is on the horizontzal

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was the POWs version of morse code. The "Q" was left out for simplicity, and it could be substituted with other letters...(i.e. "KEW" or "CUE"). Prisoners weren't allowed to talk, so they would "tap" the code on the walls or floor to communicate with one another. It may have taken a while, but time was something they had plenty of and nothing else to do with it, unless it was a forced labor/POW camp.
I know this thread died awhile ago, but just in case somebody is listening....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread