6 rings in 7 days

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's been more than a week of negative tides here in the New York/ New Jersey area, so I was able to make 7 low water hunts wading. My wife was with me for the plain band in the bottom picture, after 3 hours of bottle caps and rotten clad I found it in the very shallow water. 10K 1.6G.
The top ring that looks worn and has a heart on it is 14K, not heavy, I haven't weighed it. I was by myself getting out of the water in the dark when I had a fantastic 13 on my equinox. I felt it in the mud in the sifter but couldn't see it until I got back to the truck.
The very nice silver ring was with a friend, between us that was all we found in 3 hours, the beach was so nice and new to us we went back two days later. I found nothing, he banged out 3, 14K rings in 15 minutes. He deserved each one of them!
The ring with the stars is very well made but it's not silver or gold, I was alone on a beach I've seen hundreds of times when I found it between rocks that would be under water all year except during the lowest tides. This beach was a bathing area from the 1880's up until the mid 1900's. I'll go back there any time!
The "Not Engraved" floral 10K ring is beautiful. it took a few hours in the tumbler to get the tarnish off, but it came out great. If you zoom in on the side view, there's about a 5/8" long plate added to the back of the band. I've never seen that before it is either a very well-made ring or well sized by a jeweler.
The best for last, the big friggin mamajama school ring is the heaviest ring I've ever found, and I knew it before it came out of the sifter. I try to be quiet but no kidding I was screaming to my hunt partner so loud you could have heard me hundreds of yards away. I was actually embarrassed later on. Its 10K and 28.7G. College of St. Francis 1951. I'm 99% sure I found him, but he passed away in 2015. He had a very unique name so I'm as positive as I can be.
Thats it, 6 rings in 7 days along with pounds of sinkers a lot of clad and a handful of bottle caps.

last ring.jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
H1.jpg
H2.jpg
rrrrr.jpg
rrrr.jpg
rr.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 40
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 37
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 31
  • rrr.jpg
    rrr.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 33
  • rrr.jpg
    rrr.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 37
  • last ring.jpg
    last ring.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 30

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic work...congrats on the pile of rings !!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been more than a week of negative tides here in the New York/ New Jersey area, so I was able to make 7 low water hunts wading. My wife was with me for the plain band in the bottom picture, after 3 hours of bottle caps and rotten clad I found it in the very shallow water. 10K 1.6G.
The top ring that looks worn and has a heart on it is 14K, not heavy, I haven't weighed it. I was by myself getting out of the water in the dark when I had a fantastic 13 on my equinox. I felt it in the mud in the sifter but couldn't see it until I got back to the truck.
The very nice silver ring was with a friend, between us that was all we found in 3 hours, the beach was so nice and new to us we went back two days later. I found nothing, he banged out 3, 14K rings in 15 minutes. He deserved each one of them!
The ring with the stars is very well made but it's not silver or gold, I was alone on a beach I've seen hundreds of times when I found it between rocks that would be under water all year except during the lowest tides. This beach was a bathing area from the 1880's up until the mid 1900's. I'll go back there any time!
The "Not Engraved" floral 10K ring is beautiful. it took a few hours in the tumbler to get the tarnish off, but it came out great. If you zoom in on the side view, there's about a 5/8" long plate added to the back of the band. I've never seen that before it is either a very well-made ring or well sized by a jeweler.
The best for last, the big friggin mamajama school ring is the heaviest ring I've ever found, and I knew it before it came out of the sifter. I try to be quiet but no kidding I was screaming to my hunt partner so loud you could have heard me hundreds of yards away. I was actually embarrassed later on. Its 10K and 28.7G. College of St. Francis 1951. I'm 99% sure I found him, but he passed away in 2015. He had a very unique name so I'm as positive as I can be.
Thats it, 6 rings in 7 days along with pounds of sinkers a lot of clad and a handful of bottle caps.

Great teamwork and Congratulations on a major accomplishment..well done

View attachment 1995606 View attachment 1995608 View attachment 1995616 View attachment 1995619 View attachment 1995629 View attachment 1995630 View attachment 1995631 View attachment 1995632 View attachment 1995635

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1995606 View attachment 1995608 View attachment 1995616 View attachment 1995619 View attachment 1995629 View attachment 1995630 View attachment 1995631 View attachment 1995632 View attachment 1995635
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

coin1921

Dec 1, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A great week of hunting. Congrats! Bummer the guy passed in 2015.

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool. I just moved from new mexico to Ohio and have never metal detected a beach yet but there are plenty of them here. Looking forward to what I can find after I figure out how to do it lol

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

such a great haul, well done and thanks for posting

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very cool. I just moved from new mexico to Ohio and have never metal detected a beach yet but there are plenty of them here. Looking forward to what I can find after I figure out how to do it lol
You're going to like the beaches, way less ticks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread