Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to one of my usual swimming areas today to do a little pre Labor Day cleanup. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPRO with some decent success. The evidence suggests that the area has been used by a lot of people since I was here last, but they did not leave a lot of targets, ferrous and non ferrous alike. The good news is that the ratio of good signals to bad was in my favor. I found a total of 21 coins with a face value of $2.36, 5 cheapie earrings, an earring back, 2 selfie stick retainers, a nice pile of sinkers, 5 tabs, 6 rings, a fake cob, 2 silver earrings, a silver earring back, a gold earring, a silver chain and of course pieces of aluminum foil.

CD95DB01-CFBF-47C5-B347-0A47322391A5.jpeg

6 rings in one hunt is a good day for me. They are a silver ring with elephants on parade, a tungsten carbide ring, 2 stainless steel rings (1 with a bible quote), a fancy little delicate brass ring and a copper ring with a lot of czs.

933B0088-276B-416C-9835-2BE8FA0ECC2B.jpeg

The 6 pieces of silver and gold made my day even better. The first earring is a Pandora earring with tiny czs and hearts. The silver elephants ring is rather bent up, but silver is silver. A nice little 14k gold earring that I almost didn?t scoop. (It was down about 10 inches in the sand and gave a mixed mid and low tone signal like it was on edge. It sounded much better when it came out of the hole.) A silver earring back, an enameled kitten earring with a screw on back and a gold plated silver bracelet. The bracelet is a rather unusual style.

07668E50-C9A4-41B9-AC0C-6C6D0E042470.jpeg

All in all a very good day in the water. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 34
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer day congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNT you on a roll.......whats up with the fake cobb? Is it silver?

Thanks pepperdawg. Most of the fake cobs are a cheap pot metal. These newer style ones are a combination and are partly magnetic and even show a little rust. The signal was poor, but so strong I had to dig it in case it was masking a smaller goodie. Stay safe and keep swingin.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really a good day at the swim area, congrats!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to one of my usual swimming areas today to do a little pre Labor Day cleanup. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPRO with some decent success. The evidence suggests that the area has been used by a lot of people since I was here last, but they did not leave a lot of targets, ferrous and non ferrous alike. The good news is that the ratio of good signals to bad was in my favor. I found a total of 21 coins with a face value of $2.36, 5 cheapie earrings, an earring back, 2 selfie stick retainers, a nice pile of sinkers, 5 tabs, 6 rings, a fake cob, 2 silver earrings, a silver earring back, a gold earring, a silver chain and of course pieces of aluminum foil.

6 rings in one hunt is a good day for me. They are a silver ring with elephants on parade, a tungsten carbide ring, 2 stainless steel rings (1 with a bible quote), a fancy little delicate brass ring and a copper ring with a lot of czs.

The 6 pieces of silver and gold made my day even better. The first earring is a Pandora earring with tiny czs and hearts. The silver elephants ring is rather bent up, but silver is silver. A nice little 14k gold earring that I almost didn?t scoop. (It was down about 10 inches in the sand and gave a mixed mid and low tone signal like it was on edge. It sounded much better when it came out of the hole.) A silver earring back, an enameled kitten earring with a screw on back and a gold plated silver bracelet. The bracelet is a rather unusual style.

All in all a very good day in the water. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your great accomplishment
Well Done

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, nice job, I cant wait to find my first silver or gold!
Keep swingin and the silver and gold will come. When I first started it was a while before the goodies started popping up. Now i do a lot more detecting and the goodies come out of the ground more often. They are out there waiting for you so go get em. :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions