Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Memorial day 2022 is one I will remember for quite some time. 2 permissions 1931 and 1939 and the houses were about 150 yards apart. Hit gold, silver and civil war era relics at each :)

10K gold ring was jumpy between 21 and 35 on the legend, thought it was a class ring at first. Gold chain rang up 17-21, it may be plated but will have it tested. The weight sure gives me hope.

4 Mercs, 1 Rosie, and one beautiful religious pendant. No markings on the pendant but it sure feels like silver to me. (33 silvers ytd)

1 Miniball in each yard, a 2 ringer and a 3 ringer. Quite rare for an urban neighborhood in KC, but there was some civil war activity. Would love any insight on the make, caliber etc of these two.

1 Buffalo no date.

1 Dog tag, 1948-just love those

17 wheats, a play dime and several vintage toy cars. The coolest on I literally chopped in half with the shovel.........sigh

Probably my best hunting day ever. I am really loving this hobby and the Legend has helped me improve tremendously. The whole day I was filled with gratitude for those who gave their lives in service to our country, family members no longer with us, and all the many blessings afforded me because of them. Thanks for peeking at my goodies and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_1383[1].JPG
    IMG_1383[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1374[1].JPG
    IMG_1374[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1376[1].JPG
    IMG_1376[1].JPG
    968 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1382[1].JPG
    IMG_1382[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1378[1].JPG
    IMG_1378[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1379[1].JPG
    IMG_1379[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1377[1].JPG
    IMG_1377[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1384[1].JPG
    IMG_1384[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1375[1].JPG
    IMG_1375[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 137
Upvote 38

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the gold ring!
The chain has the wear through on the links so I'm going with just plated, but still a very nice recovery.
You had real good hunt, and it will be remembered for sometime also.
Kind of sucks when you operate a chop shop, been there done that more than I'll admit.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs there :thumbsup:
The bullet on the left is a Sharps carbine and the one on the right looks like a Merrill carbine bullet.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Memorial day 2022 is one I will remember for quite some time. 2 permissions 1931 and 1939 and the houses were about 150 yards apart. Hit gold, silver and civil war era relics at each :)

10K gold ring was jumpy between 21 and 35 on the legend, thought it was a class ring at first. Gold chain rang up 17-21, it may be plated but will have it tested. The weight sure gives me hope.

4 Mercs, 1 Rosie, and one beautiful religious pendant. No markings on the pendant but it sure feels like silver to me. (33 silvers ytd)

1 Miniball in each yard, a 2 ringer and a 3 ringer. Quite rare for an urban neighborhood in KC, but there was some civil war activity. Would love any insight on the make, caliber etc of these two.

1 Buffalo no date.

17 wheats, a play dime and several vintage toy cars. The coolest on I literally chopped in half with the shovel.........sigh

Probably my best hunting day ever. I am really loving this hobby and the Legend has helped me improve tremendously. The whole day I was filled with gratitude for those who gave their lives in service to our country, family members no longer with us, and all the many blessings afforded me because of them. Thanks for peeking at my goodies and HH.
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Fun Hunt!!!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Buffalo no date.

Wow . A great day for sure. Congrats on those great finds

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Buffalo no date.

What a great day Hunk-a-lead! I bet you got a mess of junk too in order to have found all those great finds! Congrats!~

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those hunks of gold are beautiful I really like that ring and I hope the chain tests out high. It looks good from here. Congrats on the Civil War bullets too. Hard finds in your neck of the woods.

Congrats on a great weekend!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Buffalo no date.

Amazing day congratulations

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Like pepperj, that wear through makes me think it could go either way.

Cool ring. That “break” seems pretty straight to me 🤔 Almost like it was there deliberately which also would have contributed to being donated to you 😁

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

1 Buffalo no date.

Wow what a hunt. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions