Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
The last 20 or so boxes marked '6251' are silver free I kid you not. It's a Garda type box. I have been getting his inspected boxes for months and they don't produce. A bank delivered me 6 Garda boxes and 5 of them were marked '6251' and one wasn't. I was excited for the unmarked one but it was still a skunk. The inspector can't even stamp all his boxes. We should sign a petition to get him fired, he's culling from me and other coin rollas alike. Who's with me??!

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5397 is the same for dimes. I think maybe these inspectors are coin roll hunters in disguise. I am with you Eminen.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a run of a "inspection code" from late august to mid September which all 22 half dollar boxes from this specific stamper were skunks. I think it just happens to be the run of coins in circulation, maybe a massive block dump from another crh;er.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
call garda up and tell them this 'inspector, ain't doing his job right, and he keeps shorting you. That's what I did for inspector 5323. Never seen another box from him

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had a code that didn't produce. Don't get me wrong, I get skunk boxes from all of them, but they all produce eventually. I think the codes really have nothing to do with the productivity of the boxes. The only time I really pay any attention to them is if I get a huge collection dump one week, I will be optimistic when I see that code the following week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a run of a "inspection code" from late august to mid September which all 22 half dollar boxes from this specific stamper were skunks. I think it just happens to be the run of coins in circulation, maybe a massive block dump from another crh;er.

Hey Buff, that's what I think too, just in a block of bad boxes, it will pass, sometimes it does take weeks to get through. HH, Maverick.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just asking, not to sound stupid, but does anyone know for certain, what type of volume in boxes per day, that a coin processing counting worker does in a day? Could it be in the hundreds or thousand(s), JUST WONDERING.

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think these are inspector numbers, I think they are lot numbers. I've been keeping track of these numbers for about a year now and they continually rise. Also, boxes with similar numbers have had similar results, good and bad, leading me to believe that they are wrapped and boxed around the same time.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't cracked the code on these numbers. It would be interesting to know definitively what they are. Still, they probably have nothing to do with whether a box produces.

My last several boxes had no code - and were skunks.

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting dime boxes with a 3070 stamp for almost 2 years. It can't be a simple batch code. They've even had 2 different box styles with the same stamp.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't cracked the code on these numbers. It would be interesting to know definitively what they are. Still, they probably have nothing to do with whether a box produces.

My last several boxes had no code - and were skunks.

twas probably Inspector #6251, he knows we are on to him so he's trying to make it look like it's untraceable.

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
twas probably Inspector #6251, he knows we are on to him so he's trying to make it look like it's untraceable.
that sneaky joker probably forgot to stamp those like he forgot to stamp one of my boxes

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree on the rising code part. I can only speak for my area, but for the past year+ I have seen a set of main codes on my boxes and the numbers do not rise. Although I have seen a few new codes lately, they have not been much higher or much lower than my normal codes. For example, my boxes might be coded 3082, I might see a code from 3075 or a code from 3089.

As to codes being from a batch of coins, I agree with you on that one. :)
I don't think these are inspector numbers, I think they are lot numbers. I've been keeping track of these numbers for about a year now and they continually rise. Also, boxes with similar numbers have had similar results, good and bad, leading me to believe that they are wrapped and boxed around the same time.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I picked up 2 dime boxes from one branch today. 2 different box styles but still the same code. (I don't know the coin currier this bank uses).
I've been getting dime boxes with a 3070 stamp for almost 2 years. It can't be a simple batch code. They've even had 2 different box styles with the same stamp.

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get bad Garda boxes with 6521 on them

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a batch of dime boxes with a code on them and got 14 keepers. I did the same amount of dime boxes today, all with the same code, and got 4 keepers, all from the same banks too, so the code means nothing.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a 6251 stamped box and was upset cause I read bad things about these. But There is a 1967 ender so Im hoping 6251 is slipping.. If its a good one I'll post results in about an hour..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread