tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look real. That round link is rusting and I can see a gray base metal underneath the very thin gold plating that's wearing off. Also a solid gold chain of that size I would think weighs quite a bit more than 28 grams

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look real. That round link is rusting and I can see a gray base metal underneath the very thin gold plating that's wearing off.
Have to agree with tamrock, I hope it is real but in pictures, it appears plated for the same reasons as tamrock.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a magnet to it, I have found some chains marked 14K and stamped Italy and they were not real. I refer to them as my Ghetto gold chains. It sure sucks when you realize they are fake I hope yours is real but It really doesn't look good.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do a specific gravity test to see what kind of metal it is. Google how to do a specific gravity test.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to rain on your parade, but I think the other folks are correct. Here is one i found a few weeks ago that looks very much like yours. I have tested mine and it is NOT gold. Sorry better luck next time. They are out there so stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

DD9F02BE-8E78-4255-AE6E-E2CA0B1250E5.jpeg

1B4EF6BB-601C-40A2-9EB7-9AB1E35360B5.jpeg

OP
OP

356rmb

Jan 16, 2017
NEPA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT/MAX, APEX, ACE 350 WITH A DD COIL,TEKNETICS DELTA 4000,
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. ANY DAY THAT I CAN GO OUT DETECTING ITS ALWAYS A WIN WIN EVEN IF I COME BACK WITH 2 PENNYS AND A PULL TAB. DON'T GET ME WRONG YES ITS NICE TO FIND THE GOOD FINDS BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I JUST THANK GOD THAT I'M HEALTHY AND I CAN GO OUT AND ENJOY THIS HOBBY I LOVE SO MUCH BE SAFE AND GOOD LUCK RICH

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried to walk lightly around this one... by not starting with not real. heh
You're a very sensitive pirate for not saying things like that.
I do recall a bubblegum machine that went south. :laughing7:

Have to agree with the others, looks plated.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think with that $50 you can buy 10 more chains just like the one you found.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't posted any thing for a while but when I found this I just had to share it's not everyday you come across a item like this
I must have pick it up everyday for like a week and just stared at it with that OMG still can't believe I found it lol.
well here is were and how I found it I was visiting my sister in Bayonne NJ and went to one of the local city parks and I hit a tone it was a 55 which is kinder low but still in the gold range I was using my AT/MAX
It said it was down 2 to 4 inches so I started to dig a little and seen a little piece of a chain sticking out so I grab it with my finger and started to pull it out its funny
because at first I though it was a dog chain or a piece to a collar and was waiting to see the license to pop out and after I finally got it out all I spotted was a lobster claw
so I drop it in my bag quick before I started to hear o that looks like my brothers chain he lost here and things like that but back at the car brush it off a little and this is
what it was a 24 inch 14kt solid gold chain that weighted in at 28 grams is definitely one of the nicest finds I found I don't think its old or a relic but I was doing my happy dance lol
hope you enjoyed my post and good luck hunting out there RICH
Wow, super great find. Who cares, old new. 28 G of 14k and in good shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread