6x10 Eclipse DD problem?

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
So if I am running the 6x10 DD on my MXT I can only turn the gain up to about 8-9 before it just overloads and nulls out. My 950 coil I can turn it up into super sat no problem. Is that a coil problem or just the nature of the coil? I’ve called Whites a few times and got transfer to someone in the tech dept that never answers and doesn’t return messages so I am at something of a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
So if I am running the 6x10 DD on my MXT I can only turn the gain up to about 8-9 before it just overloads and nulls out. My 950 coil I can turn it up into super sat no problem. Is that a coil problem or just the nature of the coil? I’ve called Whites a few times and got transfer to someone in the tech dept that never answers and doesn’t return messages so I am at something of a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Definitely a coil problem. Smaller coils can take more power without going unstable.

223Larry

Sep 5, 2015
Waterford CA mother lode
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre,Goldbug 2,MXT e-Track four coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep trying the service dept at whites ,there relley good with making things right.from my experience.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep bad coil and will probably get worse where you won't be able to even go that high of gain before overloading. I wouldn't trust a coil like that to detect with, I would use another coil until you can replace it. HH

OP
OP
Madmox

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Awesome. I emailed whites yesterday and they agreed. Told me to send it in for repair. I’ll go back to my 950 while it’s away. Thanks everyone!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you got a hold of someone .. Even tho i live on the east coast i always use the service center at Sweet Home Or. i never had problems there but at other service centers they have i never liked them.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I emailed whites yesterday and they agreed. Told me to send it in for repair. I’ll go back to my 950 while it’s away. Thanks everyone!

Sometimes ya can't beat the ole reliable 950.

OP
OP
Madmox

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
I took the opportunity on black Friday and picked up an Equinox 800 and 6" coil for 900 bucks so I have been using that for now. I kind of wish it had a little more weight at the rear so it was balanced a little better

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the opportunity on black Friday and picked up an Equinox 800 and 6" coil for 900 bucks so I have been using that for now. I kind of wish it had a little more weight at the rear so it was balanced a little better
I would have picked up some more coils for the MXT, the D2 has awesome depth that would be better than what you got. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread