9.5 x 5 elliptical DD high frequency coil

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm looking at getting the 9.5 x 5 elliptical DD high frequency coil, but not sure what frequency range I should run for Coin Shooting or Relic hunting. I have a custom coin and relic program that I got from Calabash that I'm using on my X35 coil and I'm not sure if they'll be suitable for the HF elliptical coil. Any suggestions on frequency or custom program settings would be appreciated... Oh, by the way our soil down here is fairly neutral. Thanks in advance... "D"

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I found a few silver coins this summer with the 9” HF coil running in 14khz, and it slammed on them.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dual purpose programs that will run on either an x35 coil or an HF coil. My coin shooting/relic program runs at 12 khz on the x35 and 14 khz on the HF. My HF relic program runs at 25 khz on the x35 and 28 khz on the HF. I set the programs up using the HF coil and its frequencies and the X35 just defaults to the closest frequencies corresponding to the X35 coil frequency increments (e.g. 12khz x35 vs. 14 khz HF/25 khz x35 vs. 28 khz HF).

Gator Gold

Greenie
Jan 24, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab SBC 2300, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have dual purpose programs that will run on either an x35 coil or an HF coil. My coin shooting/relic program runs at 12 khz on the x35 and 14 khz on the HF. My HF relic program runs at 25 khz on the x35 and 28 khz on the HF. I set the programs up using the HF coil and its frequencies and the X35 just defaults to the closest frequencies corresponding to the X35 coil frequency increments (e.g. 12khz x35 vs. 14 khz HF/25 khz x35 vs. 28 khz HF).
Can you please provide your set of programs? Thank you

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the xp HF 5x9 coil set at 15656 khz. run the sensitivity as high as I can get away with it. I love the separation on it and have found nice coins right nest to trash.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the xp HF 5x9 coil set at 15656 khz. run the sensitivity as high as I can get away with it. I love the separation on it and have found nice coins right nest to trash.
Yes, they are GREAT coils. The XP 9.5 Elliptical coil is a perfect coil for separation, coverage, and depth.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking at getting the 9.5 x 5 elliptical DD high frequency coil, but not sure what frequency range I should run for Coin Shooting or Relic hunting. I have a custom coin and relic program that I got from Calabash that I'm using on my X35 coil and I'm not sure if they'll be suitable for the HF elliptical coil. Any suggestions on frequency or custom program settings would be appreciated... Oh, by the way our soil down here is fairly neutral. Thanks in advance... "D"
I use the 9.5 x 5 elliptical with the HOT program preferably at 31khz, but if there's bad EMI I'll run it at 14khz or lower. The higher frequency seems to make the coin targets really pop out in my soil. The 9.5 x 5 elliptical isn't a deep-seeking coil, so you're really getting great target acquisition down to 6" or 7".

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have got a lot deeper than 6 to 7 inches with the hf 9x5. I have dug holes deep enough that I could stand my mi 6 pinpointer standing straight up on a target. I heard it only, with no meter on the display and it was a smashed can in another type of soil in a park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread